Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blue Herron
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 12-22-2006, 05:36 PM

Well I came a cross a bird photo I didn't post before, and this time I put it in a frame.
what do you think?

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
Views: 1,740
12-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi David. This is an artistic photograph with a nice framing.

Just wondering if you had cropped the photo a bit already. I would love to have more of the bird reflection included in the pic with left cropped in a little (to rid off the orange bit).

A bit of contrast maybe to be added to the shot. That would be my 2 cents

A nice frame, David
12-23-2006, 03:10 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The picture was cropped just a bit because of the lens being used DA 50-200mm at 200mm. It just doesn't have the reach I really wanted. The bird took flight because of my movement. But the color of the water is natural being that it was taken right after a rain storm, and this was early morning light. It's not the best shot of this bird but I was really just trying the add in I had just gotten for PSCS2 which BTW was added to scrips and gives sharpening and a frame.

It was Joele's Idea . And a very good add in I might add.

Good Shooting.

PS. I'll get better results next year when my FA 600mm gets back from Pentax they have had it for the last 2months, and no time as to when it will return.
12-23-2006, 03:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi David. I am so excited to hear that you have Fa600mm !! That is a dream lens to have. I wanna see images from that lens!

You have any prior shots from that lens as well?

Could you post some images?

Thanks

12-23-2006, 04:13 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Don't get to excited Ever since I bought this lens from a small shop in Mane (Which by the way I thought I had stolen the dam thing) I tried to get some shots with it and nothing would focus. It wasn't the camera and the glass is clear So I packed it up two months ago and shipped it to Pentax Repair. They are rebuilding the lens.(and you can best bet I will spend both arms and legs to get it back) Pentax has not given a date of return and I really haven't been after them since I will need to gain a small fortune to get it back. the shipping cost to and from are in the hundreds of dollars just think what the repair cost will be. So I'm not in any real hurry to get it back. But When I do I'll post the shots with it. I got the lens originally thinking of a permanent tripod lens on the back deck for bird pictures and the pictures of our nesting eagles and some of the local deer. (and a neighbor or two )

Good Shooting.
12-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Taking shots of your neibhours? LOL You naughty boy! I woud love that lens for candid shots too. Not sure if I would be inconspicuous doing that sort of thing. Actually, it would be so great for birds of agile nature. Jumping around like little rascals.

I am jealous now, David.

Your posted photo is great, similar kind of composition to Scott's recent post actually.

I am saving money as well to get some lenses with better reach ... Hoya-Pentax hopefully would give us something like DFA 600mm f4.0 in the future soon. mmmm maybe not so soon...