Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Hands
Lens: DA 15/FA 77 Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Living Room 
Posted By: loco, 01-01-2012, 06:26 PM

It's winter. It's gray and kind of drab out. So, I have been doing most of my shooting inside lately. I got a speed grid for my new YN560 flash and was trying it out the other night. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but I do like how some of these shots turned out. I hope you guys like them, too.

Thanks for the visit. And Happy New Year!

FA 77 Ltd, f5.6, 1/60s, ISO 100

DA 15 Ltd, f11, 1/60s, ISO 100

And one in color...

Views: 923
01-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lori, these really turned out very nice, I have never tried this type of photography before, but I guess I will give it a try. Did you take the photo with the flash off camera, they have a very nice look to them. Keep experimenting, I learn well from others.
01-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Lori, these really turned out very nice, I have never tried this type of photography before, but I guess I will give it a try. Did you take the photo with the flash off camera, they have a very nice look to them. Keep experimenting, I learn well from others.
Thanks so much, Bob! I'm really glad you like them! Definitely give it a try, I'd love to see what you come up with. Yes, the flash was off camera, mounted on a tripod overhead. It was triggered by a wireless radio trigger. The camera was on a tripod just under and to the left of the flash.
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm absolutely impressed, Lori. Very cool shots - whatever the technique, these are evocative photos. Great job and Happy New Year.

Jer

01-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm absolutely impressed, Lori. Very cool shots - whatever the technique, these are evocative photos. Great job and Happy New Year.

Jer
Thanks very much, Jer! I was hoping they would convey some sort of emotion. Happy New Year to you!

To be honest, the one with the rope is probably my favorite shot I've taken since I got my first dSLR 10 months ago. I have posted it in a few places and the reaction has been fairly "meh", except for Flickr. I guess what I'm saying is it's real gratifying when people have nice things to say about a photo you feel is special. Thanks so much, Bob and Jer!
01-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Lori these are very very special images. I love the way you see and your flair for experimentation. One and two are extremely artistic but two is my favourite. I also did a series of hands with my 93 year old grandmother. I find the visual strong and emotionally evocative. thank you so much for sharing your inspiring art with us....
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Lori these are very very special images. I love the way you see and your flair for experimentation. One and two are extremely artistic but two is my favourite. I also did a series of hands with my 93 year old grandmother. I find the visual strong and emotionally evocative. thank you so much for sharing your inspiring art with us....
Thank you so much for posting this, Tess! It makes me very happy that you find them emotionally evocative. Have you posted those pics of your grandmother's hands? I bet they are wonderful! Something about hands that I find so expressive ... and it seems the more "mileage" they have, the more evocative they are.

Thank you again for your very kind words!

01-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Hard for me to pick a favorite Lori.Very neat series and technique.--charliezap
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Hard for me to pick a favorite Lori.Very neat series and technique.--charliezap
Thanks so much, Charlie! Very glad you like them!