Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
From a concert........
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K 5 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 01-02-2012, 04:25 PM

..........on board ship. The show was called ABBACADBRA and was "ABBA" music, we though that it was an excellent show.

Before the show

Here is the show

Like in any other show light levels and color changed constantly. I left the the iso at 1600, auto W/B and spot metered. A few turned out.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 740
01-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Although this isn't really my kind of music, the shots turned out very well!
01-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now that is one fancy ship, Heinrich those are great photos, you really did well in the dark conditions like that. What fun!!
01-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Turned out very nicely Heinrich, you did a good job. Looks like a fun trip...maybe I need a cruise soon. Last cruise we went on Mrs Rupert spent most of it gambling.......she love to gamble........me, I loved the food!
Regards & Happy New Year!

01-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Although this isn't really my kind of music, the shots turned out very well!
Thank you Remco for looking and commenting, it is appreciated.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Now that is one fancy ship, Heinrich those are great photos, you really did well in the dark conditions like that. What fun!!
Thank you Bob and it was fun and it is a fancy ship. This is one of 3 theaters.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Turned out very nicely Heinrich, you did a good job. Looks like a fun trip...maybe I need a cruise soon. Last cruise we went on Mrs Rupert spent most of it gambling.......she love to gamble........me, I loved the food!
Regards & Happy New Year!
Hi Rupert and thank you. It was a fun cruise that went by all too quick, the food was exellent and the wine wasn't bad neither. Here is one for Mrs. Rupert:

01-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Heinrich, I'm staggered by the sheer size of this ship. I've seen cruise ships moving through the Houston Ship Channel from the deck of our boat, but I was too far away to appreciate their size. Great shots made under less than ideal conditions - my hat's off to you.

Jer
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Heinrich, I'm staggered by the sheer size of this ship. I've seen cruise ships moving through the Houston Ship Channel from the deck of our boat, but I was too far away to appreciate their size. Great shots made under less than ideal conditions - my hat's off to you.

Jer
Hi Jer and thank you. This ship and the sister ship the Allure of the Seas are the worlds largest cruise ships, I don't know when the Allure was build, the Oasis had her maiden voyage in December of 2009.

01-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Heinrich - I'm with Jer. I can't get over the magnitude of these ships. THREE theatres?!?! Holy cow!
It must almost feel like you're just visiting a small town - Especially considering it has it's own (Central) park.

Nice shots by the way - Especially considering all those colored lights and the range of lighting.

Tim
01-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Hi Heinrich - I'm with Jer. I can't get over the magnitude of these ships. THREE theatres?!?! Holy cow!
It must almost feel like you're just visiting a small town - Especially considering it has it's own (Central) park.

Nice shots by the way - Especially considering all those colored lights and the range of lighting.

Tim
Thank you Tim, it is a small town, including crew there are app. 8000 people on board.

Take care,
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #10

nice pictures!
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Hi Heinrich--Do the slot machines pay out in real money or does it spit out a voucher?I liked the good old days when you could waltz the floor with a bucket of coins and play any machine at your leisure.--charliezap
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vespats Quote
nice pictures!
Thank you for looking and commenting,

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Hi Heinrich--Do the slot machines pay out in real money or does it spit out a voucher?I liked the good old days when you could waltz the floor with a bucket of coins and play any machine at your leisure.--charliezap
Charlie, I have no idea, have never used them.

Take care,