Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winterscapes
Posted By: SouthShoreRob, 12-26-2007, 08:25 AM

As winter unfolds, I'm beginning to collect a folder of winterscapes for my next post-able gallery. Here are a few I added to said folder today. It was quite mild last evening, but obviously overnight it became colder. Somewhere in between nature rolled out this precious little layer of glistening frost; and a little fog to boot!

All shots K10D with either the FA 135mm or the FA 28-70mm. PP was only rotate/resize/crop, auto contrast, and filter sharpen.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

Last edited by SouthShoreRob; 02-09-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Views: 1,690
12-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are all well taken shots Good compostions and exposures. I like The frozen Rose, Lake scene and close uo of the frozen seed pod in that order the best. Very nicely done.
12-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

I like the last one a lot. It's a great shot. It makes me want to wish it was snowy here in London (even if it would mean bringing the city to standstill)....
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

I thought for sure the rose was taken with a macro, but it seems you don't list a macro lens. The out of focus background really helps convey and show the last remannts of a wilting flower, creating its own beauty with the frost and colour. Reminds me of a funeral, in a good way. That slight mist in the scenic shot really helps to bring out the frostiness of the scene.

Very nice work!

JMR

12-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots rob, I especially liked the frosted close ups. I keep waiting and hoping for something like that to happen here but when it does, I'm always at work. On my days off it's either too warm, too dry, or windy enough that frost didn't form. But one day...

NaCl(frost can be real...er... cool )H2O
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Well done Bob. You obviously have more energy than I do.

Did you go out to the point for that last shot? Actually reminds me of somewhere in Leamington or Rondeau Park.
12-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #7
SouthShoreRob

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I appreciate your support.

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Well done Bob. You obviously have more energy than I do.

Did you go out to the point for that last shot? Actually reminds me of somewhere in Leamington or Rondeau Park.
Actually JCS, I got the last one in the farm field that borders my backyard! It pays to live out in the county

Rob