Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A $5 Lens
Lens: Tefnon 28-85mm Camera: K5 Photo Location: Western Australia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Westoz, 01-06-2012, 05:18 AM

This isn't one of the reasons I originally purchased a Pentax camera I only found out after that you could use them with so many old and new lenses.
This is one I picked up at a garage sale Tefnon 28-85 I had never heard of before, I got two for 5 dollars the other is the same brand but in a Canon FD mount as far as I know it's not to much use?

Attached Images

Views: 814
01-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A $5 lens and a million dollar Kelpie what else is needed TFS

cheers
01-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
She hasn't quite cost me that much yet but she is good at excavation work when it rains.
01-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Looks plenty good on my screen...but it is hard to judge.....I can't recall ever seeing a bad Doggie shot, Doggies are always near perfect!

Regards!

01-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice one of that Kelpie again. looks a little soft but that could be the forum resizing as well.
Fortunately no yard for my Blu to dig up (it's paved), on the other hand he costs me a fortune in balls/bones/cuzs/etc. he can demolish a supposedly indestructible ball in a sitting. (I now get a discount at the local shop after buying so many. initially she couldn't believe he was destroying them since her Rottie had yet to destroy one never met a Cattle dog I guess )
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

gorgeous dog! She looks like a poser! (just like my Border)
01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

No, an FD-mount lens is of no use to you, not unless you buy a NEX or the GXR+M-mountor.

PS: Nice doggy.

01-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Your right Eddie it's a little soft but not terribly so.

Tessfully. I love the Borders would have been my first choice but we got Millie as a personal trainer for my boy Dozer, we got her from a pet rescue group hear in Perth.
01-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Westoz Quote
Your right Eddie it's a little soft but not terribly so.
Hi
A bit soft you say? - Hardly
And even if it was, who cares. But then again if you want to squeeze the last pixel out of your photos have a look at: The Plugin Site - FocalBlade - Main this is one of the best sharpening tool (if not theee best), it will turn your $5.00 investment into a $500.00 one. (As far as image quality is concerned because you are coming from a solid base)

Enjoy your purchase, you are a winner !

Greetings