Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my new powell deck!!
Posted By: distorted_vision, 12-26-2007, 06:18 PM

hey guys n girls!!! i picked up my new skateboard this morning and thought i would post a picture .lol..

Views: 2,695
12-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow. Nice, with Indys even!! Brings back memories......
Many years ago I had a Powell Peralta Lance Mountain, followed by a Vision Gator.....Sheeesh, That was back in the 80's-
Im feeling old now. Still have all the scars though.
I keep to the snow now, it seems to be more forgiving than concrete
and asphalt!! Have fun with that and be safe.
12-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's nice. what's it look like in color?

It was a long time ago, but I still remember when I used to skateboard.
12-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
hah, thanks guys!! yeh, snowboarding and surfing are much more forgiving than concrete.. but i would rather skate than walk everywhere!! hah! (i already fell off on the way back from the shop.. stalled on a tiny little rock as i was sk8ing along! lol... jeez, i hate rocks when ure sk8ing..
i will post up a colour shot xs400!

12-27-2007, 01:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
12-28-2007, 04:41 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
anyone else on here skate or collect boards?
12-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
anyone else on here skate or collect boards?
I'm too old and brittle, and I grew up in the era of water skiing and sailboarding. I can - however - see the attraction of skate boards. If I were just a few decades younger . . . . .

Jer

(Actually, I want a Harley but my wife says I'm too skinny to hold it up - and she may be right)

12-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #8
Inactive Account

I skated for probably 5 years but just recently quit as I entered the 10th grade. Being on the newspaper staff and taking mostly Honors and AP classes, just doesn't leave enough time for skating anymore. I'm actually in the process of trying to give away my mini-ramp, rails and other ramps I have.

I still occasionally will hit up the park to hang out with some old friends and just cruise around, but not really try any tricks anymore.
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice one Kev - Like Sailor my skateboarding days are behind me - it is not so much the skating as the three months in traction when I loose it ! I did manage to get in some serious snowmobiling over the holidays - going 100km/hr over a frozen lake is enough excitement for me now
12-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Powell Blanks For Life! *pounds fist into chest*

I used to go through a deck in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. gotta keep it cheap!
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I skate a little bit here and there; mostly as a means for transportation. From what I have gathered though, Melbourne is way more skater friendly than Sydney, i.e. you've got nice smooth footpaths, and a better skate scene.

12-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Hah!

In 1989 I skated at Dover Sea and Ski with some ringers.. Stacy Peralta and George Powell.. There was also some punk there named Tony Hawk

I placed second in the street and ramp contest - the ringers ruled the half-pipe.. Also at the show were, Black Flag, The Dead Kennedy's and a few others you never hear from these days.. Not to mention my friend's band, Social Dysentary - which I will say, two videos have just resurfaced on youtube after all these years.. I'm in them, doing my thing

If you want to look into the real punk scene from back in the day - check these out..

YouTube - Social Dysentary Live 1

and part two...

YouTube - Social Dysentary Live 2

To answer your question, yeah, I skated some
12-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
(Actually, I want a Harley but my wife says I'm too skinny to hold it up - and she may be right)

Well, you just need to prove her wrong. Get that Harley.
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Well, you just need to prove her wrong. Get that Harley.
I just bought a new Bimmer, so my negotiating position is weak. Besides, I am skinny - I mean wirey.

Jer
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
jeeez, it seems we have a few old skool skaters on this forum as well as some new ones.. thats awesome!!!! thanks alot for commenting back guys!! i appreciate the feedback and comments
the sk8 scene here in melbourne is buZZing big time. theres quite a fair few sk8 parks and bowls scattered around the place and the footpaths are pretty good in my area..nothing an ollie cant fix,lol..

sailor- water ski-ing and sailboarding are great hobbys. i bet you used to have some fun as far as the harley goes... mate, go for it!!!

daacon-hah! yeh, snowmobiling would be awesome fun!!! i would love to have a go at that some day!! the closest i will get is cutting the grass on my mates ride-on-mower!! hah!!

pop4- nice shot mate...

tom M..- jeeez. thats unreal... nice to meet ya!! thanks for the insight!!hah! that would have been awesome sk8ing with the likes of peralta,powell and hawk.. thats flippn nuts!! i bet you have some memorys ,hahah!!! i just watched both of the videos and they are sick! i really sometimes wish i was born in the 1970's. i think i missed out bigtime..