Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,804
05-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #1921
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
that's the reason I'm being given!
But I only use Pentax cameras! My 2p are that Photomatix software messes the EXIF data....
Quote from PPG submission rules and instructions
QuoteQuote:
6. Photographs should not be overly manipulated with filters and effects unless done in-camera and loaded to the in-camera effects category.
I think that might be the problem with uploading any HDR image created using Photomatix, they're trying to show case the in camera HDR capabilities only.

05-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #1922
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Colosseum shot

Great colosseum shot, Rense. Interesting perspective, for a change. Freddy
05-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #1923
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote

I think that might be the problem with uploading any HDR image created using Photomatix, they're trying to show case the in camera HDR capabilities only.
If that is the case, then why do they have and HDR category as well as an in-camera effects category in the pull down menu?
I also voted on several shots just yesterday that were obviously HDR's done out of camera...no way in hell could the in-camera HDR function have created them....they had to have been accepted in order to get into the voting lineup.
05-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #1924
Veteran Member

If that is the case, then why do they have and HDR category as well as an in-camera effects category in the pull down menu?
I also voted on several shots just yesterday that were obviously HDR's done out of camera...no way in hell could the in-camera HDR function have created them....they had to have been accepted in order to get into the voting lineup.
I also have submitted HDR's done in Photomatrix also that both got in the lineup and in the gallery.
So I'm really not sure exactly what is going on...very odd.

Last edited by casil403; 05-10-2010 at 05:30 AM.
05-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #1925
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The problem is that the image is missing EXIF after the editing process. No EXIF...No PPG.

The only images that are accepted without EXIF showing the camera as a Pentax are photos scanned from film.

Steve
05-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #1926
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fevbusch, thanks for the compliment !

Some more got accepted today, under which 3 streetshots!!! I am very happy with that!!

Cute hunter:

Bricks of Grief

Types

Tired

Frozen Faces
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #1927
Veteran Member

I remember seeing and voting for the old vet. Great shot. Missed the others but they deserve a place in the gallery.

05-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #1928
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I remember seeing and voting for the old vet. Great shot. Missed the others but they deserve a place in the gallery.
Thanks Susan!
05-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #1929
Veteran Member

and another:

"Give me a hug"

thats #18 with a bunch in the que
05-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #1930
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
I also have submitted HDR's done in Photomatrix also that both got in the lineup and in the gallery.
So I'm really not sure exactly what is going on...very odd.
The in camera effect category has been there for a long time, the HDR category was added after the release of the K7.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The problem is that the image is missing EXIF after the editing process. No EXIF...No PPG.

The only images that are accepted without EXIF showing the camera as a Pentax are photos scanned from film.

Steve
Easy enough to add the camera model in with an EXIF editor.
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #1931
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot for anyone here that voted:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
05-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #1932
Veteran Member

I wasn't sure about this one getting in...hoping for it but I really thought it would get rejected...I was surprised and really happy it got in yesterday.

We found these 2 guys were out exercising their huskies on Spray Lakes...not a tour company...just a couple of hobbyists. They rescued all these huskies from shelters and have taught them to pull.
Such beautiful and really friendly dogs who were so itching to get out there and run. They take them out for 6 hours at at time (with a couple hours of rest in between) along the lake and into the forest beneath the mountains. it was so freaking windy that day...you can see it whipping off the top of the mountain in the background!
05-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #1933
Veteran Member

Yeatzee I loved the mantis hug shot when I saw it in voting and Rense the frozen faces one is just super cool!
05-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #1934
Pentaxian

Renze, love the frozen faces shot. Animate vs inanimate "find the live ones". Nice idea.
Mickey, the burnt orange tree is a really fine shot.
Freddy
05-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #1935
axl
Veteran Member

congrats yeatzee, Lisa and Rense.
Out of those all I rember voting only on Rense´s jumping spider. Of course thumbs up and I love the "tired" shot... really great IMO

in the meantime I sneaked another one in:
"pink shoes"