Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,840
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #2326
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
couple more:

07-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #2327
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work, Oren. I love birds and this particular species is really so colorful.
You caught them so well. Freddy
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #2328
Inactive Account

I checked today and got 4 out of 5 approved - so far.
Very exciting! :
Birds...whoda thunkit?
See the others in my gallery: PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Tim Abbott

07-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #2329
Pentaxian

Timo, aren't those woodpeckers rare. Love the shots and the Kingfisher
is specially nice with its cool bokeh. Freddy
P.s. I voted for the woodpecker but don't recall the kingfisher.

07-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #2330
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enoeske, great B&W shot!
Oren and Timo, I love those bird shots! Want I made them myself...
07-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #2331
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oren and Timo, beautiful shots. Love the bird photos.

I had two more admitted, a sepia version of my B&W droplet spangled maple leaf, and a mayfly (Stenonema).

07-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #2332
Inactive Account

Thanks folks,
Glad you like them.
I don't know how rare the kingfisher is, but it's much larger in person than I had imagined it would be from pics I had seen of one. The woodpecker is huge too - about the size of a crow. The kingfisher is probably about a foot head to tail.

07-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #2333
Inactive Account

Tamia
Thanks for identifying that Mayfly - I saw one here and found it very strange - didn't know what it was. They're big too - about three inches or so - strange creature.
Tim
07-24-2010, 05:50 AM   #2334
Pentaxian

Timo, I think the woodpecker is called a pileated woodpecker.
Tamia, great shots. The mayfly is something I haven't seen much of in
the forums. Nice detail and coloration under the water.
Freddy
07-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #2335
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I see a lot I gave the thumbs up to. Fact is, all of them on this page I gave a thumbs up to.

And yes, freddy, that is a pileated woodpecker. We have one I've seen down here (way down south) but only rarely. He came in, in early spring but I missed him.
07-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #2336
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tim, the piliated and the belted kingfisher are really stunning. We have camped at a park in SC where you have to cover the side mirrors on your vehicle because, during mating season, the piliated will see his reflection and your mirror becomes history. They have one strong beak as you can imagine. Now if that was an ivory-billed woodpecker you would have a million dollar photo because they are supposedly extinct.
Enoeske, stunning flower shots.
Oren, love the birds.
Tamia, that leave is a winner no matter what you do to it. Love both versions.
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #2337
Inactive Account

Sorry, yes, it's a pileated woodpecker. Not all that rare around my area. Ive seen them in 4 or 5 different places so far. This one was drilling in that tree right in my front yard! We saw both the male and female here working . Hoping maybe they were making a nest, but no luck... Haven't seen them back for a while.
Tim
07-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #2338
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Now if that was an ivory-billed woodpecker you would have a million dollar photo because they are supposedly extinct.
If only...
I'd have held out for 2 million at least
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #2339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timo4352 Quote
Tamia
Thanks for identifying that Mayfly - I saw one here and found it very strange - didn't know what it was. They're big too - about three inches or so - strange creature.
Tim
You're welcome, Tim. I used to tie fishing flies, and this mayfly is very common around these parts. The artificial fly is called the March Brown, and the real thing is fairly large. I'd say the body is about 1.5" and quite chunky.

QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Timo, I think the woodpecker is called a pileated woodpecker.
Tamia, great shots. The mayfly is something I haven't seen much of in
the forums. Nice detail and coloration under the water.
Freddy
Thanks, Freddy. If you squint, you can see the discarded exoskeleton in the water in the lower left corner of the photo. This one had just emerged.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Tim, the piliated and the belted kingfisher are really stunning. We have camped at a park in SC where you have to cover the side mirrors on your vehicle because, during mating season, the piliated will see his reflection and your mirror becomes history. They have one strong beak as you can imagine. Now if that was an ivory-billed woodpecker you would have a million dollar photo because they are supposedly extinct.
Enoeske, stunning flower shots.
Oren, love the birds.
Tamia, that leave is a winner no matter what you do to it. Love both versions.
Thanks, Susan. I hadn't heard that about the pileated WPs hammering the mirrors. We used to live in a cabin with metal flashing on the roofline, and every spring the yellow bellied sapsuckers would hammer on it before dawn, then look around to see if anyone had noticed.

QuoteOriginally posted by timo4352 Quote
If only...
I'd have held out for 2 million at least
I'll say! I believe I read that someone was convinced they lived in a remote woods in the deep south, but can't recall where.
07-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #2340
Veteran Member

Kingfisher

Hi timo4352,

I remember that Kingfisher and I voted for it in the gallery. I hope to get that close to one like that. I remember staring at it and noted it has great detail. Your lens is sharp enough and I thought it was a 400mm lens, is that correct?