Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,250
08-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #2491
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Premier collection at last.

I am so happy.....the premier collection had eluded me for so long, even the frog image that got me ranked first here for the 'your best shot' competition didn't make it....even placed first in DPR challenges and many top ten....but, none made into the premier gallery. My 58th PPG acceptance finally got in to the collection....pinnacle of my photography hobby to say the least (There are only 250 images in the entire premier collection).

I didn't expect this image to make it. I loved it very much, but didn't get many positive comments in the forums....I love the image, only wished I chose a better title.....

PENTAX Photo Gallery

08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #2492
Veteran Member

You've been doing really impressive work for a while now, man. Richly deserved, IMO.
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #2493

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I am so happy.....

I didn't expect this image to make it. I loved it very much, but didn't get many positive comments in the forums....I love the image, only wished I chose a better title.....

PENTAX Photo Gallery
congratulations. i voted yes on this image about two days ago and remember muttering to myself, that is really good. i also took particular note then that it was a landscape done with the fa 43, currently my favorite landscape lens.

don't change the title without checking with the powers that be at ppg first. i remember reading at the other forum that a couple of people found doing so meant their photos were essentially considered new submissions.
08-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #2494
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
You've been doing really impressive work for a while now, man. Richly deserved, IMO.
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
congratulations. i voted yes on this image about two days ago and remember muttering to myself, that is really good. i also took particular note then that it was a landscape done with the fa 43, currently my favorite landscape lens.

don't change the title without checking with the powers that be at ppg first. i remember reading at the other forum that a couple of people found doing so meant their photos were essentially considered new submissions.
I am not going to change the title. I once did that with an image and it was removed from the gallery and got back within a few days.I think it doesn't go through the voting process again, but just needs to be cleared again by PPG personal. But, I am not taking any chance with this one.

The FA43 was the first prime I bought and it instantaneously became my favorite lens. After all the FA limiteds, a bunch of FA*'s and DA limiteds, it still remains my favorite lens.

08-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #2495
Veteran Member

Holy smokes...another one got in....I knew I was submitting my best work to date, was hoping one will get into the premier collection ( I was thinking it will be this one and it did)...my goodness!

PENTAX Photo Gallery
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #2496

i just checked ppg and noticed a lot of acceptances of photos i had just voted on. i also skimmed the premiere collection because the number went to 251. it seems to be you. i believe you have a 2nd photo accepted. also one i liked very much. double congrats! one other person who posts photos quite a bit in the dslr lens area of pentax forums also has a recent photo accepted into the premiere collection. you all are on a roll!
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #2497
Veteran Member

One more

Over the last few months I have submitted nine photos to the PPG. Through the end of last week, four had been accepted and four declined.

I had one left unapproved and it was approved today.

That gives me five of my last nine into the gallery.

Thanks to all who voted for the latest one and the four prior ones.

Ed

The latest.

This photo was taken with the DA* 50-135 f/2.8 .. .. .. .. How can anyone not like this lens!

Last edited by Ed n Georgia; 07-24-2014 at 04:48 PM.
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #2498
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent work yeatzee, Ed & pcarfan. Very noteworthy and well deserving.
Congrats to you all.
08-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #2499
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Got this HDR in today-
08-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #2500
Veteran Member

Not sure how, but this one got in:

08-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #2501
Veteran Member

This one, too:

08-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #2502
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Not sure how, but this one got in:
It must be the sign behind the truck...

Steve
08-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #2503
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Holy smokes...another one got in....I knew I was submitting my best work to date, was hoping one will get into the premier collection ( I was thinking it will be this one and it did)...my goodness!

PENTAX Photo Gallery
Out of curiosity, how were you notified of your Premier status?

Steve
08-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #2504
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Out of curiosity, how were you notified of your Premier status?

Steve
Not pcarfan. But, I'll post this for you.

From the artist page. Hope this answers your question.

Submission Complete Help
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #2505
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It must be the sign behind the truck...

Steve
Well, the title was "Unusual Passenger"