Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 830,446
01-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
BTW Mike, That is a hellava shot. Very well done.

01-04-2008, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've only submitted two since the new voting procedure started and this one was just accepted.

My other 12 pre-voting images can be found here --> PENTAX Photo Gallery

Tim
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by craftsmansky Quote
finally out of limbo and in the gallery. its odd, but the one shot i considered a bit of a oddity or gimmick was one that got in...the reflection in the owl eye.

other is an abstract i shot in front of my house of flames on a van....again sort of an off hand shot.

go figure.

PENTAX Photo Gallery
Don: I remember voting yes on the flame shot. It really presents nicely.

Tim
01-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Very cool plane shot tim,
Some of the submissions I wasn't crazy about got in and some I really liked got rejected. To each his own, I don't submit many as of late, but this one just got in today (and got a pod too)

01-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #20
Pentaxian

They must have been doing a lot of catching up today because I got one more accepted. I thought I was going to have 2 accepted, but they kicked out the pic I'm using as my avatar here.

PENTAX Photo Gallery
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
Inactive Account

I had this shot in review for at least three weeks... it was approved today!

01-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #22
PDL
Pentaxian

Here is my gallery:
PENTAX Photo Gallery

I have one in the Travel contest too. However I have not entered anything since the public voting started. I had a collection of rejects at sh*tterfly - but they deleted half of them without warning, I could not link to the site etc. so I deleted all 13 of them (12 are in the gallery).

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
01-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I submitted 10 of my best and all got refused.
I gave up on the gallery. I dont need it and dont want it.

01-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I wish they had a team of people that decided all pics not some people who
dont know anything about photography picking
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #25
PDL
Pentaxian

Your purpose is?

QuoteOriginally posted by NYpHoToGraphEr Quote
I submitted 10 of my best and all got refused.
I gave up on the gallery. I dont need it and dont want it.
I was under the impression that this thread was a celebration of PPG, so why go out of your way to dis it? I think you need to get a little thicker hide, not everyone is going to think your work is that of a genius. I have had 13 rejections and some of them are my most favorite ones - did I feel bad? Yup sure did - did I give up - Nope - I just used them for other purposes.

Also - just what is your criteria for a "good" photo? You should be able to articulate something? For example - here is a set of criteria that I try --- note the word try --- to use when looking at others work. I also try to use it when looking at my work - but I can not critique my own stuff all that well.
12 Elements of a Merit Image - Professional Photographers of America, Inc.

Don't take this so personal, I looked at your gallery here and while they are not bad - just what makes them unique. I looked and thought - Oh, another set of head shots.

Edit: Your tag line "Don't be so humble, your not that great." - maybe you should tell this to the guy who is looking back at you in the mirror.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL

Last edited by PDL; 01-06-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Edit: note about NYphotographer's tag line
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Photos are first voted on by other artist's in the community and then evaluated by Pentax staff before inclusion. Personally, I rather value the opinion of the Pentax community. We don't always see eye to eye, but I always walk away from a critique having learning something.... even if that happens to be my response to a critique!

I looked through your facebook gallery. There's nothing there that would hold my gaze if I saw it hanging up in a gallery. Just keep on shooting to better your eye.
01-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #27

I sent in 4 of my top 10 photos, one was accepted. It felt better than if all 4 had been.
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
LED

I sent a message to request an invitation more than 3 days ago. Still no reply. Cool!
01-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
I had this shot in review for at least three weeks... it was approved today!

Very nice photo hamidlmt, it's uncanny but it could be my dog.
01-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #30
Inactive Account

my impression is that the people voting are those with images already accepted and those who have submitted.

the one thing i am impressed with is the overall quality of pictures in the gallery. i would think these people know a bit about photography in general and what makes a good picture. to say they dont know anything about photography is pretty weak and petty... i submitted 28 and got 2 accepted. i was supprised that more werent accepted, but looking back, i can see where there could be areas that lacked. i plan to reedit several and resubmit after looking at them with a more critical eye.