Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 900,569
03-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #346
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Legacyb4, congratulations with the acceptance. Great picture IMO.

03-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #347
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tim, Wayne, legacyb4, congrats on the acceptance!
03-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #348

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Here are a couple of my recently accepted images.

Tim

Those ones are great! :O I especially like the last one! Just amazing!

Kepp on!

S
03-13-2009, 04:29 AM   #349

My one and only submission and acceptance to the Pentax gallery -
Taranaki (Mt Egmont) New Zealand.

03-13-2009, 04:58 AM   #350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
The reason I started to post on PPG was to improve my photography. It forces me to look extremely critically at what I do and what others are looking for, at least on PPG.

I think this has made my photos better. The fist photo of the LCAC is an example. Now to be honest I was hanging from my belt and holding myself off the door window with one hand so I was not at my best but I think I could do better now. This kind of photo is also one I would not try to get in now, as I donít think it is the kind that gets into PPG.

I have been running at about 50-50 getting photos into PPG of late and I did think the second photo (the B&W bridge) had a chances. I can think of some things I would do to take a better photo if I was doing it again so I learned on this one to. I think this is more the kind to get into PPG.

The first 2 took about 2-3 weeks to get rejected but the third one was only 2-3 days. This one has me stumped. Not only was it by far the fastest to get a rejection but I canít think of any reason why. That is not to say I think I am a perfect photographer and this photo is with out a flaw just I canít think of why it was rejected so fast from PPG.

In the end whether my photos get in to PPG or not impotent but is it helping me to be better (at least with the kinds of photos that are in PPG) photographer.

DAZ

DAZ,

I think that the LCAC is PPG friendly but it needs a little help in post processing. The image you posted is very flat looking and needs more contrast and saturation.

Here is your image with a simple curve adjustment and then Ben's USM treatment described here:

Benjamin Kanarek post processing method | PentaxLife

The B&W conversion in your second image is wonderful. What the image is lacking is a strong focal point. Maybe someone fishing off the dock would help.

The third image has great colors and contrast but the main focal point, the star reflection on the orb, is blurry.

Hope this helps.

Tim
03-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #351
DAZ
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
DAZ,

I think that the LCAC is PPG friendly but it needs a little help in post processing. The image you posted is very flat looking and needs more contrast and saturation.

Here is your image with a simple curve adjustment and then Ben's USM treatment described here:

Benjamin Kanarek post processing method | PentaxLife

The B&W conversion in your second image is wonderful. What the image is lacking is a strong focal point. Maybe someone fishing off the dock would help.

The third image has great colors and contrast but the main focal point, the star reflection on the orb, is blurry.

Hope this helps.

Tim
Thanks Tim for the C&C.

I am reading up on Benís PP method now. It looks like it will help make the photo more interesting by getting back the contrast lost from shooting thru the helicopter window. I did ask the pilot to fly with the door open but he said he did not have the pin to hold the door locked open with. In hindsight it is just as well. I know I would have lost something if he had.

Changing perspective or add something were some of the things I was thinking about for the bridge photo.

As for the last photo, I am just going to have to revisit it some rainy Sunday to see what I can do with it.

DAZ
03-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garth1948 Quote
My one and only submission and acceptance to the Pentax gallery -
Taranaki (Mt Egmont) New Zealand.
Congrats Garth! Great image!
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #353
Site Supporter

Gotta love the PPG... Submitted 5 photos initially that got rejected within about 3-4 days of submission... Submitted another right after that and it's been a week and 1/2 and still haven't made a decision...

03-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #354
Inactive Account

I have one photograph in the Pentax Photo Gallery, this one:
Name:  disappering.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  32.1 KB
PENTAX Photo Gallery: Katharina Vestre
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #355
Veteran Member

Two of my recent ones

03-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #356
m8o
Veteran Member

Deservingly so pcarfan!

...and now I know what a pcar is. What a gorgeous & recognizable shape.
03-25-2009, 05:23 AM   #357
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Deservingly so pcarfan!

...and now I know what a pcar is. What a gorgeous & recognizable shape.
Thank you...The first few images that went into PPG were not my favorites, as all of my favorites were being rejected. Finally I was able to get some that I really like in there, so thought I'd post it.

Don't get me wrong, I like even the earlier ones, otherwise I wouldn't have submitted. But, they cannot compete with the average PPG standard, where as my recent four approvals seems to me like they belong there
03-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #358
Veteran Member

My latest entry
PENTAX Photo Gallery

Will post a couple of "declined" on the other thread later today or tomorrow
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #359

I got my first photo accepted into the PPG today! Thanks to everybody that voted. I have to say though, I'm a little disappointed that this shot got in when many of my better photos have been rejected...

Last edited by dropbear; 03-25-2009 at 06:30 PM.
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #360

QuoteOriginally posted by dropbear Quote
I got my first photo accepted into the PPG today! Thanks to everybody that voted. I have to say though, I'm a little disappointed that this shot got in when many of my better photos have been rejected...

Congrats..the first one is the sweetest! atleast it was for me, I got rejected so many times, when that first one got in, I was doin back flips!!!