Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 986,985
09-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #3691
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
I hope they are ready for the flood of submissions. I already have a bunch in there waiting to be reviewed, and a hell of alot ready to be submitted once they open up.

09-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #3692
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,756
I wonder whether the 10 images per week limit will still be there, or they decide to reduce that figure down further...
09-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #3693
Veteran Member
Nass's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The British Isles
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,400
The redo should be a good thing if they take it out of flash and add some basic things like 'tweet this pic' 'post on your wall' 'vb link to this pic' type stuff. Not sure about the idea of comments though, but at least it's optional. If nothing else it hopefully means they've realised what a great tool it could be. I do wish they'd do something with the pics though, like feature them elsewhere. The images there a great advert for Pentax so why on earth they've never made the most of it has always been a little beyond me
09-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #3694
Veteran Member
v5planet's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,915
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
I do wish they'd do something with the pics though, like feature them elsewhere. The images there a great advert for Pentax so why on earth they've never made the most of it has always been a little beyond me
I believe the email said that images may now start to appear on pentaximaging.com so...

09-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #3695
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,199
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
The redo should be a good thing if they take it out of flash and add some basic things like 'tweet this pic' 'post on your wall' 'vb link to this pic' type stuff. Not sure about the idea of comments though, but at least it's optional. If nothing else it hopefully means they've realised what a great tool it could be. I do wish they'd do something with the pics though, like feature them elsewhere. The images there a great advert for Pentax so why on earth they've never made the most of it has always been a little beyond me
Nass,

The "comment" section just might, if implemented and at the member's own decision, a good tool for improving your future shots.
Of course, there will always be some unwanted comments (negative ones, that is) but at least one will have control over that. If you feel that the commenting is becoming frustrating for instance, you could, I hope, turn it off at will.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

JP
09-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #3696
Senior Member
Prieni's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rostock
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 104
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Nass,

The "comment" section just might, if implemented and at the member's own decision, a good tool for improving your future shots.
Of course, there will always be some unwanted comments (negative ones, that is) ...
What do you mean by "negative ones"? As much as I like to read positive comments on my shots it's the negatives (or critical ones) that make me think again and improve my photography. In that respect I rather have one critical comment than three "well done" ones (not that I don't appreciate the latter)

Prieni
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #3697
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,199
QuoteOriginally posted by Prieni Quote
What do you mean by "negative ones"? As much as I like to read positive comments on my shots it's the negatives (or critical ones) that make me think again and improve my photography. In that respect I rather have one critical comment than three "well done" ones (not that I don't appreciate the latter)

Prieni
Negative as in derogatory, offensive, insulting and so on.
You can bet there will always be some people out there with "bashing" minds rather than "critical".

"Constructive criticism" on the other hand, is a well received comment as far as I am concerned, just like you mentioned above.

JP

09-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #3698
Senior Member
Prieni's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rostock
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 104
I thought so, just wanted to make sure.
Well, if they introduce a commenting feature they must have an idea of how to police it. Comments like the ones you cite above are easily recognized by everyone reading them as what they are. I wouldn't be too concerned but surely it would need some mechanism for them to be removed.
Even worse (or at least equally evil) are spam and rogue advertising that happens to many fora.

Prieni
09-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #3699
Veteran Member
mark lj's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 983
Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the current PPG site I don't think theres a lot wrong with it apart from loading times etc. I like the anonymity of how the voting is arranged. I'm not keen on the way Flickr and other sites have developed with tit for tat commenting/faving/liking etc. I don't have a huge number of pictures in there but I do like the fact that it is purely Pentax and will certainly try and put in a few more when it re-opens.
09-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #3700
Veteran Member
v5planet's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,915
QuoteOriginally posted by Prieni Quote
I thought so, just wanted to make sure.
Well, if they introduce a commenting feature they must have an idea of how to police it. Comments like the ones you cite above are easily recognized by everyone reading them as what they are. I wouldn't be too concerned but surely it would need some mechanism for them to be removed.
Even worse (or at least equally evil) are spam and rogue advertising that happens to many fora.

Prieni
I think a lot of that would be alleviated by limiting comments to other PPG members with accepted submissions. Granted that might alienate non-Pentaxian visitors from participating on the site, and I don't know how wise exclusivity is for a brand as small as Pentax.
09-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #3701
Veteran Member
mark lj's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 983
Have they made any alterations to pictures already in there? I'm sure I'm missing one from the collection (just been in for a browse after reading this thread). Can't remember what it was though.
09-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #3702
Senior Member
Prieni's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rostock
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 104
Not as far as I can see.
09-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #3703
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
Mine are intact. Wouldn't be a bad idea to make a gallery of your approvals though, a flickr set or something, just so you can check on relaunch. I don't think there's that much wrong with it either, but some categories are impossible to browse - recently added, for example.

I'll look through the collection Mark and see if I can spot any omissions - did you have five or six in there?
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #3704
Veteran Member
mark lj's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 983
I think I might be cracking up Doc. I thought I had 29 in total with 9 in the collection. I still have a total of 29 but it shows as 8 in the collection, with 21 in the gallery. I'm probably wrong but I was fairly sure on the numbers.

Last edited by mark lj; 10-03-2011 at 10:03 AM.
09-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #3705
Veteran Member
Dr Orloff's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brighton, England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 512
I think your photography is better than your maths. My favourite ones that made the collection are still there. I wouldn't worry about it, you have a few more up your sleeve that will be definitely accepted in the collection.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bridge, bw, camera, da, elpolodiablo, fa43, flickr, forum, gallery, images, knife, lemon, lens, pablo, pentax, pentax photo gallery, people, photo, pm, post, ppg, provia, rolls, shot, shots, style, submissions, vote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues with Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) pentaman Photographic Industry and Professionals 3 01-19-2012 07:36 AM
Pentax Photo Gallery question DaveHolmes Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 11-12-2011 02:58 AM
My first PPG entries! ozlizard Photographic Technique 4 01-16-2010 12:33 AM
PPG - Pentax Photo Gallery J.Scott Photographic Technique 16 05-09-2008 10:30 AM
my 1 photo accepted for the Pentax Photo Gallery little laker Post Your Photos! 11 04-02-2007 02:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top