Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,539
10-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #3736
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Well I've done a bit of voting. A lot faster now which is better. What is rather bad though is that there are some photos that have come up more than once. One photo has come up five times now.
I had that happen too, but they were spaced so far apart that I couldn't tell whether it was really the same image, or very slight variations on the same setup.

10-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #3737
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a question for those who have posted to the PPG other than Pentax lenses. I have tried to upload one photo with the dimensions required by them, but it respond, they cannot upload this photo. I uploaded similar photos with the same camera (K5) with another lens, all taken the same date, but without success. The lens I am talking about is Carl Zeiss Sonnar Jena 200mm f2.8. The interesting thing is that I have uploaded photos taken with the same lens, but with the Kx. Anybody has any idea on why??
10-31-2011, 04:08 AM   #3738

Photos: Gallery
Pepe, what did you select in the "lens" field? I use the first "other" when submitting images taken with non-Pentax lenses.

Prieni
10-31-2011, 05:02 AM   #3739
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I started with the first OTHER, then all others and nothing.
-------------
Update: I was able to upload the photo after all. I actually asked Lightroom3 to mimize the exif data, so I had to input the data by hand. That is weird. Thanks.

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 10-31-2011 at 05:19 AM.
10-31-2011, 05:27 AM   #3740
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Not sure what the issue is, but I signed up and can't upload. The photo just gets a 'Could not add this photo to the gallery' error with no explanation. Anyone know what thats about?
QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
...I have tried to upload one photo with the dimensions required by them, but it respond, they cannot upload this photo. I uploaded similar photos with the same camera (K5) with another lens, all taken the same date, but without success....
I've had the same thing happen to me with several photos. All shots were taken with a Pentax K200D, but with different lenses (three Pentax, one Sigma). EXIF data is embedded, nothing different in any way from how I uploaded photos in the past. It happened to me on Friday, and I've written to their help address and am awaiting an answer. It's a mystery to me because, like I said, the procedure I use hasn't changed, and I made sure the dimensions were 900 or more in height. I tried both allowing the EXIF to "speak for itself," and I tried inputting the data myself.

Last edited by Tamia; 10-31-2011 at 05:14 PM.
10-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #3741
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
......and I made sure the dimensions were 900 or more in width. ...
Double check your photos, the 900 pixel is minimum HEIGHT!
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #3742
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I've had the same thing happen to me with several photos. All shots were taken with a Pentax K200D, but with different lenses (three Pentax, one Sigma). EXIF data is embedded, nothing different in any way from how I uploaded photos in the past. It happened to me on Friday, and I've written to their help address and am awaiting an answer. It's a mystery to me because, like I said, the procedure I use hasn't changed, and I made sure the dimensions were 900 or more in width. I tried both allowing the EXIF to "speak for itself," and I tried inputting the data myself.
Got that problem but keeping the required 900 pixels height minimum ... I've sent for help at PPG ... no reply, of course.

JP

10-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #3743
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did 900 pixels high ... no go ! Tried 1000 pixels high ... no go ! Checked to make sure they were JPEG's ... all OK;
Entered the proper lens used ... not go ! All EXIF data checked.

What the %$&?! is happening here?

JP

EDIT: I successfully tried: 950 pixels high ... all uploaded ! Go figure !

Last edited by jpzk; 10-31-2011 at 02:02 PM.
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #3744
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try as I did, remove all the exif data and choose to input it manually to see if it works. One thing I remeber is that I did not input the FL of 200mm (since I shot manually the manual lens), instead, the camera kept the 55mm of the previous lens that it was on it. I figure that it could be the reason, but I really think that should only matter for motion/vibration/shaking reduction.
10-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #3745
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made a typo (now corrected) and in fact the images were over 900 pixels high (and more than 900 wide, too).

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I did 900 pixels high ... no go ! Tried 1000 pixels high ... no go ! Checked to make sure they were JPEG's ... all OK;
Entered the proper lens used ... not go ! All EXIF data checked.

What the %$&?! is happening here?

JP

EDIT: I successfully tried: 950 pixels high ... all uploaded ! Go figure !
You did pretty much the same as I did, JP. I also wrote to them and haven't yet gotten a reply.
10-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #3746
Veteran Member

Wow. I've been checking out the PPG since they got it back up. Just checked on it now, and, upon signing in, they had me re-accept terms & conditions, and put in a new password/info; and now all my acceptances as well as pending photos (uploaded a few days ago) are gone. I only see the 2 that I had uploaded in July right before the site went down.... Anybody else see some mischief?
10-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #3747
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ditto here. I guess they are a bit confused with the website. It needs lot of work.
10-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #3748
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeS Quote
Wow. I've been checking out the PPG since they got it back up. Just checked on it now, and, upon signing in, they had me re-accept terms & conditions, and put in a new password/info; and now all my acceptances as well as pending photos (uploaded a few days ago) are gone. I only see the 2 that I had uploaded in July right before the site went down.... Anybody else see some mischief?
That is precisely what happened to me. I had 14 photos in the gallery; now I have none. Two photos I had uploaded for review in June or July are in "pending" status, and the 10 I had uploaded for voting last week are now all gone. Well that's annoying. I hope they don't mean to completely trash all our original galleries.

[edit] Correction: my photos are still in my gallery, but do not appear in the "Accepted" section of my artist management page.

Last edited by v5planet; 10-31-2011 at 09:04 PM.
10-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #3749
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
same here. why would they roll out the new site when it is clearly not ready??
10-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #3750
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
same here. why would they roll out the new site when it is clearly not ready??
It's usually more important in software development to release on time than to release something that works on day 1. ;-)