Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,258
10-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #5146
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lNice, Slowpez. Interesting range of shots!
Yo Chang!!! Very nice shot and to think I ordered that very same lens today ( should have it tomorrow). Remarkable coincidence.
I'll try to shoot some fall foliage with it when it comes. Freddy

10-31-2013, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #5147
Veteran Member

Just had 8 images accepted:

11-01-2013, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #5148
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Freddy. Garreth, that is a wonderful collection you got in. The bird (some sort of heron or egret?) and the rose really stand out for me.
11-01-2013, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #5149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thanks Freddy. Garreth, that is a wonderful collection you got in. The bird (some sort of heron or egret?) and the rose really stand out for me.
Might be a pelican. Freddy. Nice capture

11-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #5150
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Susan, love the color lighthouse. Others are nice too. Well Done!!

Gareth love the Pelican portrait, and the rose looks beautiful. Congrats on getting them in PPG!!

One more for me, didn't take as long for this one to be accepted as my previous one/s.

11-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #5151
Veteran Member

These 3 all got in also

Last edited by Gareth; 11-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.
11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #5152
Veteran Member

Some very nice work there, I particularly like the variety of shots Gareth and some crackers there AdInfinitum. I thought the b&w lighthouse had already made it in Susan, must be dreaming. I've had a couple of rejections recently too, I'm not huffy about it at all but I was a little surprised as I don't consider them my worst:

Petanque player:

Something that looks like a forget-me-not

I submit still to the PPG but basically I've lost most interest since they gave up on the Premiere Collection, which was the real challenge with the PPG. In the last six months only one shot has made it and that just happens to be one from the promotional shoot with the K3, and that just can't be right. I will keep going as I can't give up now before I make 1000 but I think what it has become is rather a shame. If they could combine the redesigned look with the effort that used to go into curating the site then I think it would still be worthwhile. As it is. it is all rather dubious and I think there is no pride in acceptance or shame in rejection as I am convinced it is no longer run properly.

11-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #5153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Some very nice work there, I particularly like the variety of shots Gareth and some crackers there AdInfinitum. I thought the b&w lighthouse had already made it in Susan, must be dreaming. I've had a couple of rejections recently too, I'm not huffy about it at all but I was a little surprised as I don't consider them my worst:
I submit still to the PPG but basically I've lost most interest since they gave up on the Premiere Collection, which was the real challenge with the PPG. In the last six months only one shot has made it and that just happens to be one from the promotional shoot with the K3, and that just can't be right. I will keep going as I can't give up now before I make 1000 but I think what it has become is rather a shame. If they could combine the redesigned look with the effort that used to go into curating the site then I think it would still be worthwhile. As it is. it is all rather dubious and I think there is no pride in acceptance or shame in rejection as I am convinced it is no longer run properly.
Dr. O, you remember correctly about the lighthouse, I do have another one accepted but a slightly different angle. I had wondered what happened to the premier gallery. Seems that some have been removed as the last page had more on it a month or so ago. Sorry to hear they gave up on it. Really was a feel good thing to get one accepted into that gallery.

Lovely one Mar. Such a beautiful blue.
Gareth, those flowers are stunning. You should be proud.
11-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #5154
Veteran Member

I can't believe the forget me not type of flower didn't get in! I would of voted thumbs up on it. Not because I know you and know its yours but because I love the way it comes out of the bokeh and has a dreamy quality to it.

Cheers Susan! I am indeed proud if these images although I have a few 'better' images waiting to be voted on....!!
11-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #5155
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

FWIW, we have a forum thread for posting your rejects from PPG. It's here in case you're interested. This thread was made for those photos that are accepted only.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/33...ht=PPG+rejects
11-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #5156
Veteran Member

Not really interested, not any more, which is why I don't post acceptances. I think a lot of photos in this thread belong in the rejections thread anyway. It's actually quite gratifying to have some rejections, I wasn't sure if there were any rejections at all these days (note none posted to the rejections thread in a year). The PPG needs to get back to where it was. It used to mean something but now the standards and the curatorship of the gallery are a bit of an embarassment. Very many feel the same but Pentax aren't listening so I just wanted to make my point. I think if the system were scrutinised then a fundamental flaw in the criteria to accept or reject an image would be uncovered as the pattern and timings of decisions defy logic. I won't be posting any more pictures here as the standard has dropped so low that an acceptance is meaningless. I have come so far with PPG that it is tempting to carry on and reach a landmark number before calling it a day but the dumbing down and neglect of the Premiere Collection makes it seem just pointless now. I mean how may blurry birds can a supposedly quality gallery take?

Last edited by Dr Orloff; 11-01-2013 at 04:37 PM.
11-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #5157
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

If you don't catch the declined ones within a certain period of time, they delete them and you never know what's been declined so you can't post them in the reject thread. At least that is how I've found it to be. I don't check my PPG that often and have had some rejected without knowing it until too late to find which ones didn't make it. I do not keep track of what I have uploaded either these days. Too much other stuff going on it my life to worry about what got in and what got declined and which ones did or didn't.
11-02-2013, 03:27 AM   #5158

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth Quote
Just had 8 images accepted:
Great shots Gareth. I really like number 4.
11-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #5159

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Stunning images Tony.
Thank you Slowpez very kind

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I like the tree and the waterfall best. Nice shots Tony.
And thank you too photolady. I appreciate that.
11-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #5160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adinfinitum Quote
Great shots Gareth. I really like number 4.
Thanks 8)