Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 983,216
06-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #5401
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Love them all, LeRolls . The cup shot is especially cool. Obviously the model shots are superb, as usual. Freddy
Thanks Freddy! I was trying to do something a little different with that shot. Fairly happy with how it turned out.

06-08-2014, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #5402
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Last four approvals:

Beautiful!
06-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #5403
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Beautiful!
Thank you kindly! Your comment is much appreciated!
06-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #5404
Veteran Member

DA35/2.4 on Fuji Reala

Western Wall
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr

06-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #5405
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots lately. I finally got another in. Seems like I get one, then one is declined.

06-12-2014, 04:44 AM   #5406
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
DA35/2.4 on Fuji Reala

Western Wall
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr
Great wide angle shot with amazing detail, from that 35, Pablo. Freddy
06-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #5407
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How long is it taking to get approved these days? I have had three pending for a month now.

06-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #5408
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Great shots lately. I finally got another in. Seems like I get one, then one is declined.
Are those hummingbirds, Photolady. I saw another of these birds on your Flickr site and it seemed like it had a seed in its beak. I thought hummingbirds were strictly nectar sippers, so that made me curious. Love the shot. Freddy
06-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #5409
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I hadn't had the woodpecker in the que very long before they approved it. I just took it May 9, this year. I don't remember if that is when I uploaded, but it says it was entered into the que the same day. Though I don't remember doing it the same day, it was after I had it in flickr for a few days, I thought anyway. I've still got one in the que that was there before this one was uploaded and still says pending artist approval. Weird that it happened this way.

Freddy, that red head is a Red-Bellied Woodpecker, the male of that species. They are quite common here and I have at least one pair here this year. In years past I've seen at least three pairs coming to my feeder.

Oh and the other bird is a European Starling, male.
06-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #5410
Pentaxian

I hadn't had the woodpecker in the que very long before they approved it. I just took it May 9, this year. I don't remember if that is when I uploaded, but it says it was entered into the que the same day. Though I don't remember doing it the same day, it was after I had it in flickr for a few days, I thought anyway. I've still got one in the que that was there before this one was uploaded and still says pending artist approval. Weird that it happened this way.

Freddy, that red head is a Red-Bellied Woodpecker, the male of that species. They are quite common here and I have at least one pair here this year. In years past I've seen at least three pairs coming to my feeder.

Oh and the other bird is a European Starling, male.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Photolady. I was a bird watcher years ago and never did sight a red-bellied Woodpecker. It is a very beautiful bird and it must have been really pleasant seeing that glorious plumage flitting between the branches.
Regards, Freddy
06-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #5411
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

They aren't much for flitting through branches. Mostly, hanging onto the side of a tree, or on top of telephone poles. Sometimes, and this is rare?y, I've seen them on the ground.
06-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #5412
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They aren't much for flitting through branches. Mostly, hanging onto the side of a tree, or on top of telephone poles. Sometimes, and this is rare?y, I've seen them on the ground.
I see them on the ground only rarely. It's usually the Flicker that you see on the ground. New York is at the extreme northern end of its range.

Habitat

Forest
You can find this species across most of the forests, woodlands, and wooded suburbs of the eastern United States, including oak-hickory forest, pine-hardwood forest, maple and tulip-poplar stands, and pine flatwoods. Itís a bit more common in river bottoms and wetlands, in the south of its range, and at elevations below about 2,000 feet.

Food

Insects
Though this bird mainly eats insects, spiders, and other arthropods, it eats plenty of plant material, too. In particular, acorns, nuts, and pine cones, as well as seeds extracted from annual and perennial plants and (particularly in fall and winter) fruits ranging from grapes and hackberries to oranges and mangoes. Occasionally eats lizards, nestling birds, even minnows.
06-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #5413
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I see them on the ground only rarely. It's usually the Flicker that you see on the ground. New York is at the extreme northern end of its range.

Habitat

Forest
You can find this species across most of the forests, woodlands, and wooded suburbs of the eastern United States, including oak-hickory forest, pine-hardwood forest, maple and tulip-poplar stands, and pine flatwoods. Itís a bit more common in river bottoms and wetlands, in the south of its range, and at elevations below about 2,000 feet.

Food

Insects
Though this bird mainly eats insects, spiders, and other arthropods, it eats plenty of plant material, too. In particular, acorns, nuts, and pine cones, as well as seeds extracted from annual and perennial plants and (particularly in fall and winter) fruits ranging from grapes and hackberries to oranges and mangoes. Occasionally eats lizards, nestling birds, even minnows.
Yes, Boris, I am familiar with the Flicker, which is, of course a much larger bird than the woodpecker. Freddy
06-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #5414
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see them in the trees here except for where I said. And if you go back to page 358 here you'll see the one I saw on the ground. Though, I have noticed one male gets down on the ground at times, but not very often. And usually, only long enough for me to try to focus on him, then he's gone fly away.Like he can hear me pick up the camera. LOL
06-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #5415
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Yes, Boris, I am familiar with the Flicker, which is, of course a much larger bird than the woodpecker. Freddy
Not a huge difference. The Flicker is 12-14" while the Red-bellied is 9-10 1/2". I often see Red-bellieds misidentified as Flickers.