Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,687
11-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #5806
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two of my Sept 13 & 15 submission were approved on yesterday and today.

11-12-2015, 05:52 AM   #5807
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SunValley Quote
My first two submissions were approved today!

Rang Giroux, Mirabel (Québec)

Rocher Percé, Percé (Québec)

The Rocher Percé crop was suggested by people on this forum so I guess thanks! are in order!
I can see why they were approved. Both shots are very nice!
11-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #5808
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What awesome photos. Understandable as to why they were chosen. I have a great fondness for birds, so these photos hit right at home. I do not know the species of the first one, however I believe the second one to be related to the woodpecker family. Is that close enough? Once again, thanks so much for sharing.

Tonytee
11-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #5809
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I can see why they were approved. Both shots are very nice!
Many thanks!

11-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #5810
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I do not know the species of the first one, however I believe the second one to be related to the woodpecker family.
The second picture is of a Common Kingfisher.
11-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #5811
Pentaxian

What awesome photos. Understandable as to why they were chosen. I have a great fondness for birds, so these photos hit right at home. I do not know the species of the first one, however I believe the second one to be related to the woodpecker family. Is that close enough? Once again, thanks so much for sharing.

Tonytee
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The second picture is of a Common Kingfisher.

The name of the first one was Light-vented bulbul, from the member of Bulbul family, also known as Chinese bulbul, commonly seeing in Hong Kong and China. The first one was taken at the Disney land in Hong Kong during my holiday.
The second one was a Common Kingfisher (as mentioned by boriscleto), a common winter visitor during end of the year from China and Japan.
11-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #5812
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Thank you kindly Chris. If you go to the Pentax galleries at:
PENTAX Photo Gallery
In the upper right corner of the screen is a drop down menu called "site tools". In that menu click on "contact us" and fill out a form to be sent an invitation to submit to the PPG.
As far as using Pentax lenses, that was the case when I got the images I submitted approved. They have changed the requirements now and allow other lens use. But I think they do bias toward the shots submitted using both Pentax cam and lens. It makes sense that they would. It is a site to advertise Pentax cameras and lenses after all. They no longer have the stipulation that the lens used has to be a Pentax lens. I hope this info helps a bit for you.
Hello LaRee, my name is Tony and I have to say I really admire your photography. Also, I agree with your assessment of the review procedures, however, daft may be an understatement. I recently submitted four of what I considered to be my best work year to date. They were all rejected. Three of the reviewers began by singing praises to my work, while the others decided to bludgeon my work to death. Doesn't seem very consistent. Thanks again for such a wonderful photo.

Regards,

Tonytee

11-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #5813
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello LaRee, my name is Tony and I have to say I really admire your photography. Also, I agree with your assessment of the review procedures, however, daft may be an understatement. I recently submitted four of what I considered to be my best work year to date. They were all rejected. Three of the reviewers began by singing praises to my work, while the others decided to bludgeon my work to death. Doesn't seem very consistent. Thanks again for such a wonderful photo.

Regards,

Tonytee
Umm, LaRee hasn't posted on the forum for 2 years...

And are you talking about the PEG on this site? Voting on the PPG is anonymous and there is no feedback.

Last edited by boriscleto; 11-13-2015 at 07:19 PM.
11-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #5814
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Misspelling. I think he meant LeRolls.
11-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #5815
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Misspelling. I think he meant LeRolls.
No. Responding to a 2007 post by LaRee.
11-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #5816
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My mistake. Didn't see that.
11-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #5817
Pentaxian

Grief.
11-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #5818
Pentaxian

Over the rainbow :)

12-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #5819
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by furryurry Quote
Grief.
Stunning! Have you used one of lensbaby optics or some sort of bokeh software for such a vignetting?
12-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #5820
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nimble Quote
Stunning! Have you used one of lensbaby optics or some sort of bokeh software for such a vignetting?
Thank you! I used Vignette and Vignette Blur in Color Effex Pro. The lens I used was a Sigma 10-20