Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,176
06-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #631
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I saw those, Jimbo, voted them both up, though my preference was for the colour version

I've just had my first accepted, joined the gallery only 3 weeks ago, and submitted two, the second is still in "Ready for review"
PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Sue Wotton
You started with a great one. Well deserved.
Really like the colors and mood

06-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #632
Inactive Account

Hmm, have a question. Can I upload tonemapped HDR-images there? Is that against the rules? At least I got that impression. Nearly all my landscapes are HDR because I don't bother using ND grads. I threw my Cokin stuff god knows where after fiddling with the wobbly holder in -20C temps.
06-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #633
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Maffer Quote
Hmm, have a question. Can I upload tonemapped HDR-images there? Is that against the rules? At least I got that impression. Nearly all my landscapes are HDR because I don't bother using ND grads. I threw my Cokin stuff god knows where after fiddling with the wobbly holder in -20C temps.
I think HDR won't be a problem, at least not when not exagerated (but even then, I don't know if they decline those for just that reason). They just don't want photos that look like paintings, or otherwise heavily processed images that don't look like photos anymore. Give it a try!
06-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #634
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
One of my oldies got accepted yesterday:
PENTAX Photo Gallery
brings it 9
one more to get to double numbers

congrats everybody, wonderful images

BR
Peter
That's another great one Peter, well done and congrats!

06-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #635
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
You started with a great one. Well deserved.
Really like the colors and mood
Thanks for your remark, I kinda hope that the second will be accepted as well, its taking longer, even though it was submitted at the same time. I don't quite understand the timing

Anyway, I was just thinking how very lucky I am to be in the company of such an wonderfully talented bunch of photographers... this forum, and its people, are just great. I know I haven't participated much, but I've been looking in, and geez yer a really nice mob!

I'll be back (but right now I'm knackered and am getting an early night. On a Saturday, yet!)

[Edit: sunday morning... rejection! I'm now 1:2 and looking to upload something else.]

Last edited by kyteflyer; 06-06-2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Additional info
06-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #636
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zenimagery Quote
OOOOOOOOOOOOMG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! i got one i got one hahaha i'm literally gitty over here haha

after about 20 declined images, i finally got one approved i was bored so i googled my name, and the pentax photo gallery came up and i went "wtf?!" my name was on the list of artists "but they declined everything" i clicked my name, and lo and behold, i got one up there

PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Peter Morawski

don't want to seem to have a big ego or anything, but this image i get a lot of "oohhh" and "awww" hehe so i'm glad at least this one got accepted

ok i'm done .... time to calm down *breathes*
And, its really really good Congratulations!!
06-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #637
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Appreciate your vote and for me its the color version! Congrat's on your first too. I seen many get kicked before the first. It did feel great! JIM
Thanks Jim, it does feel great!! That gallery is somewhere I have been looking in on for months and months, even since before I got my dSLR, and thinking how fabulous one must be to get something in there... and now...

06-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #638
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Congrats Georg, I like that one very much!!
Thanks Rense!
Congrat's Georg. Beautiful image. Went and looked at yours and seen a new one approved of mine I didn't know about. After getting about six rejected, two in this week. JIM
Thanks Jim, and good shot that house on prairie! congrats!

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Good metering
Thanks Nuno, I did some levels adjusting

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
georg, i love that shot of the swan. the way you framed it puts the dramatic sky down in the water with the swan instead of up above it. really great!
Thank tou for the kind words, Mike!
06-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #639
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adamkean Quote
Got my first one in - yippee! Feels good to get the perverbial monkey off my back.

PENTAX Photo Gallery
Wow, that's great shot, congrats, Adam! Love the butterfly too!
06-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #640
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
I feel fortunate to have had both of my bicycle racing submissions accepted amongst so many excellent photos. Thanks for your votes!

These small versions link to the PPG versions:
Congrats, Scott! You have a great collection in PPG already!
06-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #641
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
'Yura' was accepted. I now have 3 in, yay.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

PS: Great shot of that swan Georg, really perfect in every way.
Thanks Kevin! And congrats for your acceptance! I really like your other shots too!
06-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #642
Veteran Member

Was hoping this one would make it in and it did. Thanks for the votes guys
Stunning waterfall shot, Jim! Congrats!
06-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #643
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Oh I just had 2 more accepted, so that makes 5!

I should note by the way that 4 out of 5 of the pictures I now have in PPG were made with a 30 year old K-series lens
Saw these while checking your previous entry, so again great shots and congrats!
06-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #644
Veteran Member

Three more today. Thanks for your vote. Happy to see the B&W cabin get in along with the color version. JIM
Yes, well deserved, congrats Jim!
06-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #645
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zenimagery Quote
OOOOOOOOOOOOMG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! i got one i got one hahaha i'm literally gitty over here haha

after about 20 declined images, i finally got one approved i was bored so i googled my name, and the pentax photo gallery came up and i went "wtf?!" my name was on the list of artists "but they declined everything" i clicked my name, and lo and behold, i got one up there

PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Peter Morawski

don't want to seem to have a big ego or anything, but this image i get a lot of "oohhh" and "awww" hehe so i'm glad at least this one got accepted

ok i'm done .... time to calm down *breathes*
LOL! You are certainly entitled to be extra happy when you get the first in! Congrats and enjoy!