Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 982,632
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #1126
Veteran Member

Beautiful shots Jim! A couple look sort of familiar too...

11-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #1127
Veteran Member

Great images - really impressed with a lot of them! Well done!

Regards,
Marc
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #1128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was excited to have another shot accepted, my 14th one. I took this one in the rain, down on my knees early morning before going to work. I only had time for one click before getting soaked and was surprised to get lucky with a good pic.

Sunlight On Toadstool

thanks if you voted for me!!
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #1129
Zav
Pentaxian

Ducky made it!

PENTAX Photo Gallery

11-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #1130
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Beautiful shots Jim! A couple look sort of familiar too
Thanks Marv. Don't worry, I had at least 15 rejected on the trip. Still have many more to post. some even you have not seen! Cheers bud. JIM
11-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #1131
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
was excited to have another shot accepted, my 14th one. I took this one in the rain, down on my knees early morning before going to work. I only had time for one click before getting soaked and was surprised to get lucky with a good pic
Mike, love this image and one I voted for. Well done. Get low as thewy say!!! Cheers JIM
11-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #1132
Veteran Member

Few more in this week. Afdter many rejects luckyt enough to get 10 in this week. Thanks for the votes. JIM

11-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #1133
Veteran Member

Here are a few I add recently.

Living proof that PPG is getting lax.

Last edited by OrenMc; 11-12-2009 at 04:14 AM.
11-12-2009, 05:15 AM   #1134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote

Living proof that PPG is getting lax.
I see your point.
(total disclosure, I voted no for this dog image)

QuoteQuote:
As an accepted artist of the PENTAX Photo Gallery you have the ability to help in the image selection process. Only approved artists can participate in the voting process.

Our goal is to receive fair and unbiased input to help in the selection process. To this end, Photo Gallery participants cannot vote on their own photos. The photographer of each image available for voting will remain anonymous during this process. To further protect the process, your vote, either positive or negative, cannot be viewed by the photographer.

PENTAX retains the rights to the final selection process; however, your vote helps narrow the field to the best images. PENTAX reserves the right to decline an image for any reason even if the image has received positive votes. This can be due to various reasons including, but not limited to, subject matter, incompatible aspect ratios, the inclusion of watermarks or copyrights, resolution, or the quality of the image.

Please vote based on the technical and artistic merits of each image. When reviewing images please consider composition, exposure, subject matter, lighting, focus and other image aspects.

Also, ask yourself the following questions when considering your vote:

Can you see this image in a traditional photo gallery or printed publication?
Does this image elicit an emotional response?
Is this image original?
Does this image offer a personal perspective of the subject and display the unique vision of the photographer?
Would this photo stop you if it were hanging in a gallery?

By agreeing to these terms you state that you will give your unbiased opinion on each image presented based on that image's artistic and technical merits.
Maybe they had to "have it" due to good score among the voters ?
If so, this means it did "elicit an emotional response" to/from people.

What can I say, just 2 eurocents.
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #1135
Veteran Member

I imagine the Gallery gets flooded with photos and I don't normally add photos that I feel don't qualify. But this one has senitment to it as its my daughters pup and she nudged me to post. She was thrilled it made it, so it remains.

I think some folks upload everything they shoot.
But all in all I think PPG is an awesome gallery and I feel honored to have had some of my photos displayed there.

Sorry, I know this is not a discussion thread

Last edited by OrenMc; 11-13-2009 at 04:35 AM.
11-13-2009, 05:08 AM   #1136
Veteran Member

I imagine the Gallery gets flooded with photos and I don't normally add photos that I feel don't qualify. But this one has sentiment to it as its my daughters pup and she nudged me to post. She was thrilled it made it, so it remains.

But all in all I think PPG is an awesome gallery and I feel honored to have had some of my photos displayed there.

Sorry, I know this is not a discussion thread
(Looking back I should have voted yes! It's really a cute dog expression )

In fack I know what you are talking about since I also have a image on PPG done with my kids (the "happy birthday" one) and they still ask to see it every now and then. You know, memories are precious.

( of topic - Also i submited a new one done with my kids, so "stupid and dumm" that will be reject really fast or accepted. )

I really didn't decide yet what my opinion is, if PPG is getting a bit lax or not. Maybe it's just more open to new pentaxians with new views ?
Seems more people are submitting, meaning more people buy Pentax (that are good news )

Either way, the point is that I think all of us are having a lot of fun (and for me, also learning) with it.

I know it's not a discussion thread but also it doesn't hurt to have some exchange of ideas now and then (if it's not allowed, upps, my bad )
11-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #1137
Veteran Member

When the ten image week limit started I was against, now I agree with it.
Forces us to improve also on selecting.
11-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #1138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jim, these last sets of shots are absolutley brilliant. I can't get enough of them...WOW!
11-13-2009, 05:57 AM   #1139
Veteran Member

Oren, when you posted that first image here, I knew that would get in, was wondering whther it would make the premier gallery or not - that was the question.
11-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #1140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
When the ten image week limit started I was against, now I agree with it.
Forces us to improve also on selecting.
I think 10 is too many. 2 a week, which accumulates to 10 and stays there if unused.