Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 987,177
04-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #106
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Here are 3 that were declined, all with 50-135mm. Dont get me wrong, I have no hard feelings but I have seen alot better photos than these being rejected.

04-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #107
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thomas, I don't think that's the issue. I just did one the other day and the problem was that the software I use stripped the EXIF data. So I used PhotoMe to restore the data and re-submitted the shots without issue. Of course I was declined in short order.

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
The problem I find (sorry if this has already been brought up) is that most of my best shots are taken with sigma lens. When I try and load them I get a message saying, basically, I cant because its not Pentax.

I dont have a problem with this at all, to get the shots I want though I need wide angle Pentax lens, more money (lol). Think I might take up knitting as a hobby and dump photography (yeh right)
04-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #108

I have one accepted image out of about 12 submitted.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

Funny thing is that I thought some of my rejects were better.

I do think the standard is very high and you could probably get a very viable photo rejected. However given all this, if an image DOES get in it is clearly a good one (or at least many people think so) and its nice to have something like that to motivate you.

I like to look at the recently accepted photos. I think a lot of them are now better than many of the images in the premier gallery. They may want to update and rotate images in the premier gallery.
04-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #109

I just had my first accepted!

PENTAX Photo Gallery

04-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #110
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, Great shot. I guess landscapes are still getting in.
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #111
Ed in GA

I've had six rejected so far.

I currently have two submitted. Should the be declined, I will no longer be inclined to submit to PPG.
04-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #112
Veteran Member

So how long does it usually take before you find out if you have the green light or if they have been rejected? I just got my invite and up loaded a few pics. A bit scary but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

04-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Congrats really beautiful
04-18-2008, 03:09 AM   #114
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
So how long does it usually take before you find out if you have the green light or if they have been rejected? I just got my invite and up loaded a few pics. A bit scary but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
I've had it take 24 hours and a few have taken as long as 3 weeks. Same for the ones that got accepted. I only have 2 and the first got in right away. The second took 2 weeks. I think it depends on how busy they are there.

Latest rejection that took 3 weeks and got bumped last week:
04-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Thanks Peter, guess it is a waiting game.
04-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #116
Veteran Member

I just submitted two, would be a real charge to get one of em accepted. < fingers crossed >
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #117
Veteran Member

So what does it mean when you can vote on othrs photos on the gallery? I can do that now. How do you know when and if any of your photos have been accepted???
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #118
Veteran Member

I don't get it, just how do you submit photos to PPG in the first place. I have browsed the Gallery, but found no place where one could submit photos!?

I would some day like to submit something just to see it one of mine would be considered worthy... Now, to me, the whole PPG seems like a closed club, where only the chose ones can take part?
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #119
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

You go tom the main page: PENTAX Photo Gallery and click the "contact us" button under the site tools menu. Send them an email request to register and in 1-3 weeks you'll get an email with registation info. then you're a memeber of the "club".

This was set up so the site doesn't fill up with submissions from every camera brand going. Just Pentax users.
04-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
You go tom the main page: PENTAX Photo Gallery and click the "contact us" button under the site tools menu. Send them an email request to register and in 1-3 weeks you'll get an email with registation info. then you're a memeber of the "club".

This was set up so the site doesn't fill up with submissions from every camera brand going. Just Pentax users.
Thanks, I get it now, seems actually reasonable - as long as everyone can try it out.