Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,575
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
so what does it mean when you can vote on photos there??? Does it mean any of the photos you submitted where accepted????

04-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #122
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
so what does it mean when you can vote on photos there??? Does it mean any of the photos you submitted where accepted????
When you vote the assumption is that the votes help to filter out the good shots from the bad ones. The ones that get a good vote rating go on to be judged by someone at Pentax for rejection or addition to the gallery.

As for your photos being accepted. Just go back to your account page and keep checking to see if the shot was accepted or declined. It can take 24 hours or 3 weeks. You'll see the status under the shot like waiting for review or accepted. When it's declined the shot moves down the page below a header that says it was declined.

If you look at my page here you can see the 2 accepted ones (they always stay there) and the 5 rejects from the past 2 months or so. Eventually the declined ones will disappear (probably to save server space).

Name:  PPG.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  53.8 KB
04-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #123
Veteran Member

thank you Peter
04-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #124
Veteran Member

So if your photos make it to the ready for review stange does this mean that they have already been voted on by the members and that Pentax reviews them next? Or do they still need to be voted on by the members?

04-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #125
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

It means they are both. They go in for voting nad then on to the Pentax guys from there. The status doesn't seem to change until they are accepted or declined.
04-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #126
Veteran Member

ok, just wondering thanks for the info.
04-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
You go tom the main page: PENTAX Photo Gallery and click the "contact us" button under the site tools menu. Send them an email request to register and in 1-3 weeks you'll get an email with registation info. then you're a memeber of the "club".

This was set up so the site doesn't fill up with submissions from every camera brand going. Just Pentax users.
I think I did this wrong the first time. Now I've done it your way, Peter. Thanks much If they take 3 whole weeks I'll have 2 weeks worth of holiday shooting to send in

04-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #128

Question about voting

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes ...
While voting on PPG entries, I sometimes see photos I've already voted on. Are these generally:
a) A photo that someone has changed the meta-data (description, location, etc.) - and thus it needs to get re-approved?
b) Someone reposting a photo that was rejected (or a very close rendition of it)?
c) A bug in Pentax's voting software?

I'm just wondering how I should judge these. If someone is posting the same shot again - or one that was just tweaked slightly, I'm inclined to vote no (it didn't get in - move on). If it's a bug - or a meta-data change, and I voted for it before, I would vote for it again. Has this been discussed?

Thanks,
Lon

Edit: Oh - and here is my gallery link - I'm one for four so far...
PENTAX Photo Gallery

Last edited by lnestrud; 04-21-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Add PPG link
04-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lnestrud Quote
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes ...
While voting on PPG entries, I sometimes see photos I've already voted on. Are these generally:
a) A photo that someone has changed the meta-data (description, location, etc.) - and thus it needs to get re-approved?
b) Someone reposting a photo that was rejected (or a very close rendition of it)?
c) A bug in Pentax's voting software?

I'm just wondering how I should judge these. If someone is posting the same shot again - or one that was just tweaked slightly, I'm inclined to vote no (it didn't get in - move on). If it's a bug - or a meta-data change, and I voted for it before, I would vote for it again. Has this been discussed?

Thanks,
Lon

Edit: Oh - and here is my gallery link - I'm one for four so far...
PENTAX Photo Gallery
I noticed the same thing?????? Anyone know about this???
04-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #130

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
I noticed the same thing?????? Anyone know about this???
I got this back from Pentax Photo Gallery ....

"You should not see any photos that have been previously approved (even
if they are modified). Often artists will resubmit images that have
already been declined, hoping for a second chance. We do not promote or
recommend this as it is more work for the voters. But, unfortunately
there is no way for us to keep this from happening."

So I plan to vote "no" on anything I've seen previously.

BTW - I had several shots declined yesterday. Oh well - I'll keep trying to improve and keep submitting my best work. It doesn't bother me. At least not yet.

Lon
04-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #131
Veteran Member

I got an invitation and am waiting on 3 photos to be voted on. I have been voting on pics all afternon and all I can say is OMG IT'S HARRRRD!

EDIT: It's timely that after a week of waiting, I get an answer the day I start voting. Just had similar versions to these declined

If they aint good enough, I doubt I'll ever get one through. Oh well

Last edited by KrisK10D; 04-26-2008 at 07:31 AM.
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Here is one of what I think is my best... (and the web copy of this pales in comparision to the full-rez version)

Theres a link to my gallery in my sig below.
Mike, that shot kicks A$$ !! I'm not a racing/motorcycle guy, but that really is a great shot. I can imagine it looks great up on the wall at 11x14 or bigger. Well done!
05-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #133
Veteran Member

I've got six shots in there. I snuck several in during the early days. I'm not so sure they'd pass muster today. Anyway, they're there.

Here's my latest one accepted, taken at the launch of the Space Shuttle STS-123 mission with the K20D and the DA*50-135.

And here are a couple of my other favorites taken with the K100D.

Link to my gallery
05-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #134
Veteran Member

Something unusual just happened while I was voting and I'm wondering if anyone has come across this as well. I got a whole page of photos I've already voted on. I don't know if it's a glitch or if they've been posted again because they missed out first time. Should this be reported to anyone?
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #135
Veteran Member

I got three accepted, woo hoo!

And I got 15 others rejected