Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 983,216
01-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #1351
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,042
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
(Thanks )

What about showing us your new entries ? eheh

Are you keeping track of all new entries of Pentaxforums members ?
Here they are.

Harmless Clouds



Beeches in the Mist


01-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #1352
Veteran Member
netuser's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Azores Islands, Portugal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,236
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote

Are you keeping track of all new entries of Pentaxforums members ?
No , just happens that when I got to watch the new entries during lunch your image was the first. and I notice the name. Not many "Rense" on PPG

Good jod

From the two, #1 is my favorite.
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #1353
Veteran Member
mtroute's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 533
My First PPG Picture

Well I am happy about it. I am not sure how "select" the group is but for me it's a big deal.

link to my gallery

01-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,197
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
accepted today!

Yesss!!! Bravo!
I did vote on this fantastic photo of yours and ... congratulations!

Ahhh ... but there is more: during X-Mas time, I was actually trying to get some lighting effects such as you did with this photo, and I also play the guitar (3 of them!); so when I saw this photo, I told myself: Gotta find out who did this! And there you are.

Now that I am done with complimenting you , would you tell me (us) what lens you used because I haven't yet gone back to PPG and check with your name (artist's name) .... I didn't know it at the time, anyway.

Cheers and congrats again!

JP

01-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #1355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,376
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Yesss!!! Bravo!
I did vote on this fantastic photo of yours and ... congratulations!

Ahhh ... but there is more: during X-Mas time, I was actually trying to get some lighting effects such as you did with this photo, and I also play the guitar (3 of them!); so when I saw this photo, I told myself: Gotta find out who did this! And there you are.

Now that I am done with complimenting you , would you tell me (us) what lens you used because I haven't yet gone back to PPG and check with your name (artist's name) .... I didn't know it at the time, anyway.

Cheers and congrats again!

JP
thanks for the vote!

this lens was the Cosina 55mm f/1.2, but i also got similar results with my Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4
just go wide open and for maximum OOF effect, have your subject at the minimum(closest) focusing distance.
good luck!
01-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #1356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,376
QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
Well I am happy about it. I am not sure how "select" the group is but for me it's a big deal.

link to my gallery
thats beautiful, congrats!
i like the star trails too
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #1357
Veteran Member
Jimbo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maple Ridge BC Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,368
Mike SF, One awesome photo... WOW. JIM

01-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #1358
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,376
thanks!
01-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #1359
Igilligan
Guest




Oh my brother Mike...

congrats on the PPG... That was my fave of your guitar shots from that series, althought any of them could have been accepted.

Hooti hoo...
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #1360
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40°-55'-44" N / 73°-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,092
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
this lens was the Cosina 55mm f/1.2, but i also got similar results with my Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4
just go wide open and for maximum OOF effect, have your subject at the minimum(closest) focusing distance.
good luck!
That bokeh signature of the non-uniform partial edge luminescence coupled with the powder softness of the edge of the guitar outside the focus range was a dead giveaway that it was that lens... However I'm surprised that the Tak would give you same/similar results. The Tak produces the non-uniform edge luminescence in similar fashion?
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #1361
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,042
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
That bokeh signature of the non-uniform partial edge luminescence coupled with the powder softness of the edge of the guitar outside the focus range was a dead giveaway that it was that lens...
Wow....What a nice sentence, you should become a poet !
01-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #1362
Veteran Member
netuser's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Azores Islands, Portugal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,236
QuoteOriginally posted by mtroute Quote
Well I am happy about it. I am not sure how "select" the group is but for me it's a big deal.

link to my gallery

Maurice, it's a big deal.

Congrats on your first one !!! It's a great image and I specially like it since it's also a "long exposure"
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #1363
Veteran Member
mtroute's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 533
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Maurice, it's a big deal.

Congrats on your first one !!! It's a great image and I specially like it since it's also a "long exposure"
Thanks!.......
01-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #1364
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,901
Couple more accepted!




Great thread with some awesome shots averyone

Last edited by OrenMc; 01-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.
01-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #1365
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto (for now)
Posts: 1,746
Now that is a bloody photo of a Heron.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bridge, bw, camera, da, elpolodiablo, fa43, flickr, forum, gallery, images, knife, lemon, lens, pablo, pentax, pentax photo gallery, people, photo, pm, post, ppg, provia, rolls, shot, shots, style, submissions, vote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues with Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) pentaman Photographic Industry and Professionals 3 01-19-2012 07:36 AM
Pentax Photo Gallery question DaveHolmes Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 11-12-2011 02:58 AM
My first PPG entries! ozlizard Photographic Technique 4 01-16-2010 12:33 AM
PPG - Pentax Photo Gallery J.Scott Photographic Technique 16 05-09-2008 10:30 AM
my 1 photo accepted for the Pentax Photo Gallery little laker Post Your Photos! 11 04-02-2007 02:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top