Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,329
01-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #1366
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
That bokeh signature of the non-uniform partial edge luminescence coupled with the powder softness of the edge of the guitar outside the focus range was a dead giveaway that it was that lens... However I'm surprised that the Tak would give you same/similar results. The Tak produces the non-uniform edge luminescence in similar fashion?
i had to reread this a couple times to figure out what you mean, lol. I think you are referring to the bright partial "halo" of the circles, right. No, the Tak definitely does not make those. I have only seen that on the Cosina. I just meant that if you dont have the $300 Cosina, perhaps a $70 Super Tak will make some nice OOF bokeh circles. thanks for the clarification.

01-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #1367
Pentaxian

and today, the back of the guitar got accepted!

01-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #1368
Veteran Member

Ive just found out ive got my first PPG acceptance.

Thank you very much for the votes!
01-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #1369
Veteran Member

My two lovers

Got this one in today. Some really nice stuff getting in lately. Mike, I love that guitar shot.

01-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rustynail, great shots, I like the second one very much.
Susan, lovely!

Congrats both!
01-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #1371
Veteran Member

Five more in. Up to 34

01-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #1372
Veteran Member

Man, a lot of great images in the week. Well done everyone. JIM

01-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #1373
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Rustynail, great shots, I like the second one very much.
Susan, lovely!

Congrats both!
Thanks Rense! I just started into photography and got my first camera 2 months ago. I submited about 20 photos, the first 10 were declined then i submit another 10 and there were 2 photos left so i kept on checking it waiiting to be declined. Everytime i checked it I just look the declined area and close the window. I was surprised when i saw a note below the Submission Complete area that it was accepted and still cant believe it!
01-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #1374
Veteran Member

That's a nice series Agnostic. Well deserved.
01-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #1375
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
and today, the back of the guitar got accepted!

Mike ... Mike ... Mike ... !
Those guitar shots are to die for.
Stop it! It makes me nervous ... !

JP
01-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #1376
Veteran Member

I have to agee Mike. Those cidar shots are awesome. No surprise they got in at all./ jim
01-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #1377
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

? About Submissions

Hey all,

Great shots here to those who've had them accepted. I'm thinking of submitting a couple and have set up the account, etc. The rules for submission state dodge and burn ok but moving around of pixels not. Filters and such should only really be "in camera" i.e. it seems from reading this that you're not supposed to do much PP other than cropping and resizing.

So, it's got me a little confused. I have a fairly simple PP software, and dodge/burn is not one of its features. So what do I do if there's sensor dust in a shot I wanted to clone out...not OK?

Also, what about monochrome? Do they want the conversion in-camera or is that OK to do PP?

I've submitted these questions directly to PPG, but wanted to get the real skinny on what is acceptable to do in PP from those who've had pics accepted.

If this has been discussed, I missed it in my searching. Just direct me to the page I need.

Thanks,
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #1378
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
Hey all,

Great shots here to those who've had them accepted. I'm thinking of submitting a couple and have set up the account, etc. The rules for submission state dodge and burn ok but moving around of pixels not. Filters and such should only really be "in camera" i.e. it seems from reading this that you're not supposed to do much PP other than cropping and resizing.

So, it's got me a little confused. I have a fairly simple PP software, and dodge/burn is not one of its features. So what do I do if there's sensor dust in a shot I wanted to clone out...not OK?

Also, what about monochrome? Do they want the conversion in-camera or is that OK to do PP?

I've submitted these questions directly to PPG, but wanted to get the real skinny on what is acceptable to do in PP from those who've had pics accepted.

If this has been discussed, I missed it in my searching. Just direct me to the page I need.

Thanks,
John, they're looking for photos which are looking like photos. So, cloning out sensor dusts, computerwise monochrome conversions, pushing saturation, etc. etc. etc. is allowed. Just let your photos look like photos, not like paintings or something like that.

If you browse through the PPG it's obvious everybody manipulates his or her photos to some extent. Don't hesitate to do what you think is necessary to let your photos shine!
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #1379
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pepijn, nice series, I like that second one a lot!
01-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #1380
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Rense.

I was hoping that they weren't taking an extreme view of manipulations. I personally like to do as little PP work as necessary, trying to get it "right" the first time in the camera with the composition, etc. But the unforseen dust or "just off" exposure does happen in which some levels adjustment, etc is in order like you'd do in a dark room.