Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,002
01-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #1426
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One of my latests. I know a lot of folks don't like these things but.........

01-29-2010, 05:33 AM   #1427
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
One of my latests. I know a lot of folks don't like these things but.........

Nice one OrenMc.

(did you kept the kenko 25 AF tube ?)
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #1428
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Man I would be VERY tempted to crop this to the left, i.e get rid of the white line that runs vertically and compress the comp-osition a little. I just overlaid my hand on my screen to simulate a crop and wow, super image.
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I agree with this statement. Really changes the isse with just the slight crop. Beautiful image and well deseerved to be on PPG. JIM
Thanks. I see what u guys are saying. I thought about cloning the white line out but I never thought about cropping it.
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #1429
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Nice one OrenMc.

(did you kept the kenko 25 AF tube ?)
Thank you netuser,
looks like you've been busy. You have some great shots up.

As far as the kenko goes I decided to hold on to it. I'm sure I can get some good use out of it and I never really though of using it with a telephoto lens to lessen the focusing distance. Thanks for the tip.

01-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #1430
Veteran Member

Thank you netuser,
looks like you've been busy. You have some great shots up.
Thanks

It's due to the fact since I'm not shooting birds since lens didn't arrive yet, I'm more into editing .....

As far as the kenko goes I decided to hold on to it. I'm sure I can get some good use out of it and I never really though of using it with a telephoto lens to lessen the focusing distance. Thanks for the tip.
This kenko is perfect either with a 70-200/2.8 or with a 300mm prime for great "out of the box" macros. I think you will like it!
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #1431
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Couple more for me

Okay, I'll say this up front. There might be some of you who will wonder, how did these get in? I admit that they aren't the same caliber as lots of the photos in PPG. (But then, again, I've seen photos that I wondered why they got in over some of my favorites that didn't get in - it's all been discussed here before!)

But I think they made it in because they're different. Of the two, I really like the Letter Box. I saw this as I was getting out of a car in Sri Lanka and I loved the contrasting colors and the simplicity - and the fact that it looked like something British in a former British Colony - all the contrasts were there. The fish, well, I just liked the way they were all lined up and noticed them as I was walking through a market in Hong Kong.

BTW, m8o - love the big cat, is that a lion? I see some spots so I'm not sure. Great photo and that must have been very exciting.

01-29-2010, 05:09 PM   #1432
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Okay, I'll say this up front. There might be some of you who will wonder, how did these get in? I admit that they aren't the same caliber as lots of the photos in PPG. (But then, again, I've seen photos that I wondered why they got in over some of my favorites that didn't get in - it's all been discussed here before!)
I think these got in because they are great shots. Well done. JIM

01-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #1433
axl
Veteran Member

This one is my 91 first to get in and one I am really proad of. Appreciate everyones vote. JIM
And so you should be proud of it!
Stunning shot Jim.
I wish I could be taking pictures like these.
And 91?!? wow, congrats...
01-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #1434
axl
Veteran Member

Sealonsf:
I think the last one is really good!
01-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #1435
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For as long as I have been on PF, you would think that I would be aware of this "sticky". Thanks M80 for the heads-up!

I finally submitted to PPG last month and have six images accepted to date. While I count a few of the rejects as better work, I am still pleased as punch to have my photos included with such wonderful company.

Here are my six:

Subtle Blaze

K10D, LZOS MC Jupiter-9 85/2

Skyway

K10D, KMZ Helios 44M 58/2

Tiny Painting

K10D, KMZ Helios 44M 58/2

This One Stands Above The Rest

K10D, KMZ MC Zenitar 16/2.8 Fisheye

Lantern's Watch

K10D, Pentax-FA 35/2

Flaming Branches

K10D, Pentax-FA 35/2

If you want to see them in situ, click HERE

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-29-2010 at 07:06 PM.
01-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #1436
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

This one is my 91 first to get in and one I am really proad of. Appreciate everyones vote. JIM
You got my vote when it came through...

91 accepted...wow. That is particularly impressive when you consider that landscape is a tough sell on PPG.

Good work!

Steve
01-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #1437
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
You got my vote when it came through...

91 accepted...wow. That is particularly impressive when you consider that landscape is a tough sell on PPG.

Good work!

Steve
Thanks Steve. Some of the ones I am most happy about our my Heron shots that got in. I do spend a lot of time on landscapes and it is my first love. I really like your but the last one is just a beautiful image. Cheers and again thank you. PS: its now 92. Got another landscape in. JIM
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #1438
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thanks Steve. Some of the ones I am most happy about our my Heron shots that got in. I do spend a lot of time on landscapes and it is my first love. I really like your but the last one is just a beautiful image. Cheers and again thank you. PS: its now 92. Got another landscape in. JIM
Sorry to have forgotten your heron and other wildlife shots. I just took a glance at your PPG collection (hadn't seen it before) and it is super impressive.

Wow! That is all...just, Wow!

Steve

(Looking at your photos reminds me that I really like your part of BC...gotta get back up there...AFTER the Olympics!)
01-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #1439
m8o
Veteran Member

Really nice stuff there steve; I remember seeing some here and there before. I'm glad you found the thread.
01-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #1440
Veteran Member

Got my third. Thank you all who voted for this!