Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,180
06-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #3616

3 accepted earlier today/

06-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #3617
Veteran Member

a couple more in

Nuts

Wheat
06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #3618
Veteran Member

i guess the people over at PPG were generous this time around. I uploaded 4 images and all 4 were accepted. I was hoping for just 1, but 4? I'm not positive, but I think I uploaded these images once before and were rejected, so I guess you need to get lucky and have the right person judge your photos on the site.

06-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #3619
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2nd one is a stunner pete. what did you use to get that soft effect around the edges?

06-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #3620
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some of these photos really are quite lovely.

If I may ask, I thought one of the requirements for PPG acceptance was that the photos aren't edited or PP'd. I see a lot of photos where this surely must be the case.
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #3621
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote

If I may ask, I thought one of the requirements for PPG acceptance was that the photos aren't edited or PP'd. I see a lot of photos where this surely must be the case.
More precisely they don't want excessively processed images. They are extremely vague in their requirements on this point, saying you can do some dodging and burning OF COURSE to "reveal" a photograph. I think that extends to some other editing as well and it's up to the judges on the other end to figure out where they're going to toss down the threshold.

Pete, those are some very worthy images, well done.
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #3622
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought PPG said a bit of sharpening only for PP work. Must have missed the part you're talking about v5planet. ?

Here's one more for me. I'm up to 15 photos in now, and when I first started got one in, I thought that would be it. Usually, it's one in, one rejected, but they haven't rejected the other two I uploaded at the same time as this one:

To others who have succeeded getting photos in, congrats to all of you!!

06-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #3623
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I thought PPG said a bit of sharpening only for PP work. Must have missed the part you're talking about v5planet. ?

Here's one more for me. I'm up to 15 photos in now, and when I first started got one in, I thought that would be it. Usually, it's one in, one rejected, but they haven't rejected the other two I uploaded at the same time as this one:

To others who have succeeded getting photos in, congrats to all of you!!
Item #6 on the current Rules & Instructions:

"Photographs should not be overly manipulated with filters and effects unless done in-camera and loaded to the in-camera effects category. Some dodging and burning to reveal an image is allowed, however, it is not acceptable to move around pixels or add or remove elements. Cropping is allowed."

I'd call that pretty vague, honestly.
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #3624
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yes, I thought their rules about PPing photos was a bit vague myself. Especially, if I saw one I knew who the photographer was and it was manipulated from what I had seen of the original.

I got another in today:

Purple Cosmos.
06-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #3625
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
2nd one is a stunner pete. what did you use to get that soft effect around the edges?
added bokeh and some vignetting

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote

the 2nd one was edited quite a bit, but i didn't know they didn't like heavy editing hehe whoops. the other 3 are actually edited not much at all, just saturation, vignetting and whatnot.

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Pete, those are some very worthy images, well done.
thanks
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #3626
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Peter (axl), and Pete, you should not be surprised all of your entries got in. They're all brilliantly captured and processed.

One more for me:

Attention to detail
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #3627
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nice one Ash. I think I voted yes on that one.
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #3628
Veteran Member

Was happy to see this one get in - another similar one didn't make it in - I thought it was better than this one. You just never know about these things. I call it "A Tree Grows" -- taken in London this spring.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K2000  Photo 
06-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #3629
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tropical nights in Pattaya:

06-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #3630
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

sealonsf that is a nice shot. I don't remember seeing it in the queue but I'm glad it got in.

Ash, nicely done sir.

And now, one more of mine got in:

Btw, I shot this with my Sigma 70-300mm @300mm, but the photo in PPG says undefined for the lens. I've also noticed on some photos it says "null" for other peoples lenses. Anyone know what's going there?