Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,035,440
05-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #4246
Site Supporter

Nice Ken, I just got two in:

05-15-2012, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #4247
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just started submitting again, 7 accepted so far.

This one was rejected in the past but accepted this time.

05-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #4248

Ken, that Tjanjin shot looks like a modern, cleaned up version of Venice. Cool shot!
Deimos, cool surf shot!
Benjamin, why did you submit three of the plant shots? Yes, they are nice but sooo similar. I hate it when people submit the same thing from only slightly different angles. So when I see these in voting the first one gets a thumbs up (they really are nice) but if I then see the same thing in slight variations it's thumb down even if the second or third is the better shot. BTW: On the third plant shot I see a real cracker subject for a macro shot even closer in. Look at the three drops on the outside of that cut off leaf, they show a complete flower in them. Would love to see a close up of that leaf. (Would even make me 'thumb up' that same plant again ; after all they wouldn't be taken in the same session ).

Two more in:

05-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #4249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prieni Quote
Benjamin, why did you submit three of the plant shots? Yes, they are nice but sooo similar. I hate it when people submit the same thing from only slightly different angles. So when I see these in voting the first one gets a thumbs up (they really are nice) but if I then see the same thing in slight variations it's thumb down even if the second or third is the better shot. BTW: On the third plant shot I see a real cracker subject for a macro shot even closer in. Look at the three drops on the outside of that cut off leaf, they show a complete flower in them. Would love to see a close up of that leaf. (Would even make me 'thumb up' that same plant again ; after all they wouldn't be taken in the same session ).
If I post more than 1 it's because I can't decide on 1. Plus, I've never posted 5 of the same thing like some people do. And I've never posted the same thing in color and B&W.

The raindrop shots were a very quick shoot. It was cold out and still raining, and I was shooting with a K-x. Macro would have been easier if I had something longer than 50mm. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the D FA 100.

Three more...all of the same subject

05-16-2012, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #4250
Zav
Pentaxian

One more today:

05-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #4251
Pentaxian

great work boris and deimos
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #4252
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
Another 2 more shots.

Shot at Tianjin of Beijing

Singapore Sunset

Ken, both of these are fantastic!!

05-18-2012, 06:03 AM - 2 Likes   #4253
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got onto this thread, and I see a lot of familiar work that I have voted on
Here are my shots that I have submitted to PPG, Not sure if its quite the challenge I was once lead to believe to get in there as I am yet to have a reject (although I only submit my absolute favorites). Anyway here are the entrants:

05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #4254
Pentaxian

beautiful work, Chaos!
05-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #4255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
beautiful work, Chaos!
Thanks mike!
05-19-2012, 01:29 AM - 2 Likes   #4256
Pentaxian

Another oldie got accepted.
Well the photo is from 2008, the processing is from this month.

Pentax K10D and Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL

I have yet to begin digitalising my slide collection. A bit of a daunting task

Thanks to all that voted!
05-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #4257

Day 9 of 30 does it for me. Great work.
05-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #4258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reported

Hello everyone, one of my photos has been marked as REPORTED, while others were accepted. Does any one know what this means? It is a lilly flower, probably the best of the bunch. I sent an email to the Gallery but have yet to hear from them. I appreciate any information. Pepe
05-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #4259
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Hello everyone, one of my photos has been marked as REPORTED, while others were accepted. Does any one know what this means? It is a lilly flower, probably the best of the bunch. I sent an email to the Gallery but have yet to hear from them. I appreciate any information. Pepe
Somebody probably hit Report Watermark instead of EXIF Data.
05-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #4260
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Just got onto this thread, and I see a lot of familiar work that I have voted on
Here are my shots that I have submitted to PPG, Not sure if its quite the challenge I was once lead to believe to get in there as I am yet to have a reject (although I only submit my absolute favorites). Anyway here are the entrants:

Really like Day 5 of 30.