Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,307
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Misty Cliffs in Tracy Arm Fjord

Took forever but one of my Tracy Arm Fjord photos finally made it in.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

06-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! It's a good feeling to get one selected.
06-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #153
axl
Veteran Member

3 more added

Hi guys, I just find out great news, I have another 3 pics approved in PPG, bringing my tally up to 4.
here's link
PENTAX Photo Gallery

and here are the rejects (I'm bit sad for the church shot, but hey I have 3 more added anyway)

Last edited by axl; 09-06-2008 at 03:11 AM.
06-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Congrats! I actually like the church shot (I remember voting on it).

I just had 2 more accepted myself.....I think the wait time on the last 2 was about 10 days or so. The more people vote, the quicker the accept/deny process goes. At least that's the way I understand it.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

06-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #155
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Congrats! I actually like the church shot (I remember voting on it).

I just had 2 more accepted myself.....I think the wait time on the last 2 was about 10 days or so. The more people vote, the quicker the accept/deny process goes. At least that's the way I understand it.

PENTAX Photo Gallery
thanx,
and thanx for voting, I had high hopes for the church, it won me 3rd place here on the forum in 1st week of project 52. But never mind, I'm happy that they took at least the other 3 shots...
and congrats on your admissions too
06-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #156
axl
Veteran Member

other than 3:2

does PPG support other than 3:2 aspect ratio?
I remember it used to be only 3:2. Did they change it or is this limitation still in place? Anybody knows?
Thanx...
07-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #157

All 15 of my photos were rejected... LOL!!

I'm not taking it too hard either...

Oh well I'll guess I'll keep trying.... I would have thought at least on closer inspection people would find the unique composition of this image artistic...

I notice you can thumb up or thumb down just by looking at the thumbnails which is in my opinion a bit of a dumb thing to do....

I really thought this one would maybe make it through, guess not... maybe I should resubmit it and rename it to "Look CLOSER" LOL!!

07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #158
Veteran Member

I wouldn't dream of voting a photo down by the thumbnail image and I didn't even know that was an option. I feel it is my job to open the image if I am going to judge it with a yay or nay!
07-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #159
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
does PPG support other than 3:2 aspect ratio?
I remember it used to be only 3:2. Did they change it or is this limitation still in place? Anybody knows?
Thanx...
I think they support more aspect ratios than 3:2. I have seen everything from quadratic to panoramic pictures.

Now I have an account there too and submitted one image. I tried to be honest with myself so when I browsed through all my images it stroke me how few there are that I would actually send to PPG. Well, let´s see how it goes
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungKrille Quote
I think they support more aspect ratios than 3:2. I have seen everything from quadratic to panoramic pictures.
Per the currently posted rules: 9: The PENTAX Photo Gallery does not currently support photos with non-standard aspect ratios (eg. panoramic photos).

I believe all the panoramas and unusual aspect ratios you see in the voting area are the result of people not reading the rules. Now, I can't say for sure, as I don't believe I have actually gone through the whole gallery, but I do not believe there are any panos in the accepted gallery.

I'd stick to standard ratios until they come out and say that panos are allowed.

I also imagine that stiched pano shots are also frowned upon due to rule 6: Photographs should not be overly manipulated with filters and effects. Some dodging and burning to reveal an image is allowed, however, it is not acceptable to move around pixels or add or remove elements. Cropping is allowed.

Stitching multiple images together is definately "adding elements".
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #161
Forum Member

I can be wrong but I think I found some in the links you have posted here. But as MRRiley says, following the rules should be the safest.
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #162
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
That's some fantastic photos you have there.

I've come to understand the rejection due to size is simply a technical requirement/restriction. Don't let that get you down. If you would re-cropped another file from the original or rezie it to add the two pixels it would hve entered the system. It's ok to upload larger (to a degree only I beleive) but under 600px is an immediate rejection. Eh, I realized after that happened to me just gotta deal with it.
I’ll echo Steve, some great shots in your gallery. But I'm surprised that this made it in :
PENTAX Photo Gallery
Not regarding quality, but I would feel that it is pretty much panorama ratio.

I’m curious about this aspect ratio, as I have one image I was thinking of submitting, but it is not completely 3:2. It is portrait mode, but a little thinner and not so broad. I have not submitted yet to PPG, but was considering whether I needed to make a new crop, before submitting the image.
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I've had it take 24 hours and a few have taken as long as 3 weeks. Same for the ones that got accepted. I only have 2 and the first got in right away. The second took 2 weeks. I think it depends on how busy they are there.

Latest rejection that took 3 weeks and got bumped last week:
I like the shot, but going by the rules; the sky might look overprocessed. And of cause, no signatures allowed.

BTW, do the pictures submitted, need to have intact EXIF info ?

I don't know how to figure out, to make them 600 pixels high. But I guess I'll just send big pictures, like the ones I post at Pbase, and then they can just scale them down. I don't use Photoshop.
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Or this one.

Don't spare feelings. I want truth. After all there is nothing gained but personal pride.
I like this butterfly shot, lovely lighting from above. I don’t mind that it is not a ‘rule of third’ shot.
But as Maxwell stated, a bit of a common picture, so might be hard to get in.
07-08-2008, 02:19 AM   #165

My latest rejection:

Anyway, I have one in.

PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Jaime Rodriguez