Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,529
03-15-2022, 04:26 AM - 5 Likes   #6211
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kisses in the moonlight:

and

by the D-FA 24-70/2.8 on the K-1 II

06-05-2022, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #6212

Photos: Gallery
try to upload and share some photos here from China to see if it works.....
Attached Images

04-05-2023, 04:47 AM - 2 Likes   #6213

Pentax Photo Gallery

My only really good photo in PPG. These are my nieces and nephew fooling around with a soft drink. I think they were making fun of their parents' love of wine and the good life in the south of France.

https://pentaxphotogallery.com/adamaitkenName:  Ava Anushka 1MB.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  153.8 KB

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/12-post-your-photos/600866d1680695025-pentax-photo-gallery-ppg-entries-ava-anushka-1mb.jpg
04-06-2023, 03:12 AM   #6214

4 new pictures:
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/heribertstahl

07-12-2023, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #6215

George McCrae
[IMG][/IMG]
Porretta Soul Festival Last Year
[IMG][/IMG]
12-09-2023, 10:35 PM - 3 Likes   #6216

My Very First Pentax SLR, K1000

The year was 1992 and I had just transitioned off the streets and on to stable housing. I had always loved photography so I managed to scratch up forty bucks and went to a local pawn shop to see if they had any cameras in my price range. Sure enough there was a beat up Pentax K1000 in the glass case. The salesperson was willing to sell the camerea for 40 bucks on the condition that he could not guarantee it. I took the chance and went to a local drugstore a couple of blocks away and purchased a roll of Tri-X. It really felt great to be walking the streets again with a camera. I remembered that there was a meal van that would stop at a location in downtown Milwaukee to feed the less fortunate. Since I recently transitioned off the streets myself I knew most of them. There I met Don and Katrina, Both 19 and living on the streets. They,Like the others standing behind them, Were waiting for the Van to arrive. Hot soup and sandwiches will provide a brief yet welcome respite from the chill of that october day. When I saw Katrina lean onto Don's shoulder for support I released the shutter. The image took first place in the regional KINSA 'Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards' in the Milwaukee Journal in 1993
Attached Images

12-10-2023, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #6217
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is anyone still submitting photos to PPG? I have a number in there, but I haven't submitted any for quite a long time.

12-30-2023, 12:16 PM   #6218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leroyskalstad Quote
The year was 1992 and I had just transitioned off the streets and on to stable housing. I had always loved photography so I managed to scratch up forty bucks and went to a local pawn shop to see if they had any cameras in my price range. Sure enough there was a beat up Pentax K1000 in the glass case. The salesperson was willing to sell the camerea for 40 bucks on the condition that he could not guarantee it. I took the chance and went to a local drugstore a couple of blocks away and purchased a roll of Tri-X. It really felt great to be walking the streets again with a camera. I remembered that there was a meal van that would stop at a location in downtown Milwaukee to feed the less fortunate. Since I recently transitioned off the streets myself I knew most of them. There I met Don and Katrina, Both 19 and living on the streets. They,Like the others standing behind them, Were waiting for the Van to arrive. Hot soup and sandwiches will provide a brief yet welcome respite from the chill of that october day. When I saw Katrina lean onto Don's shoulder for support I released the shutter. The image took first place in the regional KINSA 'Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards' in the Milwaukee Journal in 1993
Fabulous documentary shot, made all the more meaningful with the background story.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Is anyone still submitting photos to PPG? I have a number in there, but I haven't submitted any for quite a long time.
Yes, been doing that regularly, sort of weekly basis.
03-22-2024, 11:38 AM   #6219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello all,

Coming a bit late to the party, but here's my latest photo that was accepted a couple of days ago. There seems to have been some congestion on approvals from Richo's side coupled with a lack of voting, but things should be running again:

"The team that runs the photogallery website wanted me to let you know thank you very much for your email and they apologize that they are a bit behind on reviewing new photos. They hope to have all new images reviewed this week."

I'll do some voting tonight

My gallery on PPG.