Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,535
06-29-2009, 03:25 AM   #751

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
vipers are technically "venomous", not sure what you have in scandinavia, but in general vipers are dangerous (meaning, if you will not be treated with antivenom in a very short amount of time, usually somewhere bellow 30minutes, but it depends, you will die (painfully)). in some areas/countryes, the corollary to the above is "if you get bitten you will die.", but that's msot likely not the case in scandinavia, considering what sort of social/medical system you have back there. ofcourse, that might just be some snake, not a viper, and be "mostly harmless" (TM of "don't panick" (R) ), really can't tell from the picture.

the best advice would be to check the details for your area, maybe try to identify the species you are dealing with in this particular case, and be careful meanwhile (especially if you also have children playing in that yard and so on), you might find you would rather have her relocated (don't kill her, they are amazing creatures, would be a shame)

nice shot

Hello!
I know what kind of snake it is, but I don't know what they are called in english though. The only translation I got was viper and adder
They are quite venomous, but not deadly. However, it also vary from person to person.
In swedish they are called: Huggorm
And in latin: Vipera berus

Thank you!

Sebbe

Last edited by Sebbe_J; 06-29-2009 at 03:31 AM.
06-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #752
Veteran Member

aaah, berus. we have them too, we call them the "common" viper. they can be quite deadly, as far as i know (as you said, depends on the person as well), they also happen to be very beautyfull imho (i have seen the black and white variety mostly).

thanks for the details
07-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #753
Veteran Member

nice acceptances everyone. dont forget to vote!!!
07-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #754
emr

I've been just going through a great number of submitted PPG pictures. Some are just brilliant, I must say. However, there's two things I've noticed. First, there are SO many bug or flower pictures (mostly macros) that a picture in that category really has to shine to be noticed. Second, so many horizons are not level. I realize it's sometimes a decision made and can have a desired effect. But mostly it just gives the impression that this was just a fast tourist snapshot without much thought and submitted hastily to go on.

EDIT: typos once again

Last edited by emr; 07-05-2009 at 03:52 PM.
07-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #755
Veteran Member

The neat thing is that you don't have to vote on the ones that you don't think make the cut, including horizons being off. I have to really watch my shots as I do have a few where the horizon has been off and believe me, a lot of people do her let you know when it is. Cheers JIM
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #756
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
The neat thing is that you don't have to vote on the ones that you don't think make the cut, including horizons being off. I have to really watch my shots as I do have a few where the horizon has been off and believe me, a lot of people do her let you know when it is. Cheers JIM
Wait... a non-level horizon... what are you saying about me Jim??
07-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #757
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Wait... a non-level horizon... what are you saying about me Jim??
Ok, you got me! Too funny. I think its my eyes or maybe I should blame the monitor! I now ask my daughter, who is always right, to take a look. JIM

07-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #758
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For example, you mean when I say "I'm leaning a bit towards that first image... " ??

Tip: you don't even have to ask anyone... just re-size your viewing window in whatever program you use to finalize the image and scroll the horizon or vertical lines to the top/bottom or left/right of the window's edge. In most cases it's instant proof if it's actually vertical or horizontal!!

Of course, you would be throwing out lens curvature at the corners if ultra-wide, etc. Then it's not as useful - you'd have to find another reference point.

Cheers,
Marc
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #759
Veteran Member

I think the best thing to do is get it staight out of the camera but I will check your suggestions before posting Marc. Since a number of people, of coarse including you, have poijnted out my tilt photography, I really check it close before posting. I expect a score card on the next images I put up!
07-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #760
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely Jim - getting it right in the camera is the best option of course. My apologies on not being clear in my previous post: I am referring to those instances where it's barely off - perhaps 1/4 to 1 or 2 degrees maximum and it's difficult to easily tell if it's barely tilted.
07-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #761
Veteran Member

Here's my first in PPG, and my (currently) slim artist page:

PPG Artist: Jim Ashcraft

07-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #762
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Here's my first in PPG, and my (currently) slim artist page:

PPG Artist: Jim Ashcraft

Jim, congratulations, thrilling to get a first one in! Great shot!
07-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #763
Veteran Member

There seems to be a good selection of entries since I last visited this thread, congratulations to all of you!
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #764
Inactive Account

this one made it in:

07-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #765

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by forestmage Quote
this one made it in:
That is a very nice shot. Has a very dreamy feel to it.

How long has it been taking recently to get photos accepted?