Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 441 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) entries
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all! I am going to make this a sticky post in hopes that I can get all of you who have submitted pictures to the Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG) and have had them accepted please post a couple of them here and please link back to your gallery so we can see your work. We have so many incredible photogs on this site I am curious to see what Pentax considers your best work.

Thanks!

Last edited by photolady95; 01-18-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word possibly to please
Views: 1,037,840
10-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #1006
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
My first ever submission was accepted today:
I can see why - it's a beautiful shot. Congrats!

10-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #1007
Pentaxian

well, my other 2 golden gate bridge shots were accepted. Three submitted, three accepted. wow!

10-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #1008
Igilligan

Congrats Mike

3 for three.... I have never heard of that kind of success rate!

Love those shots, and I can see why they made it...
10-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #1009
Veteran Member

My first ever submission was accepted today:

And you started with the right foot It's a perfect image.

Congrats

10-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #1010
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Dennis on an awesome shot
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #1011
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dennis, that is a truly amazing photograph. One of the best I've seen....can you tell us more about how you took it (lens, filters, tripod any other accesories etc.) where it was taken, what time of the day, any PP....thanks.
10-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #1012
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Dennis, that is a truly amazing photograph. One of the best I've seen....can you tell us more about how you took it (lens, filters, tripod any other accesories etc.) where it was taken, what time of the day, any PP....thanks.
Thanks for the kind words. Wow.

Camera is a K200D, lens is a DA 40mm Ltd., tripod mounted, f11, 1/125 sec., no filter.

It was shot as a JPEG, Av mode, 2-second timer, Bright mode with +1 sharpness and +2 saturation (those might be reversed; I don't remember my settings at the moment).

Time of day was around 6:45 a.m. in Queensbury, New York, and the image is untouched, straight out of the camera.

There was a balloon festival that day, so I was there to take some shots of that, but the fog made it impossible. Also, I couldn't get anywhere near where the balloons were launching, so I stayed back; this is from a golf course several miles away.

I was taking several sunrise photos from the spot, and had just taken one when the birds flew into my field of vision; I knew they would fly in front of the sun, so I quickly set up for another and this is the result. It was rather lucky (as I suppose many shots are), as the 2-second timer could have been a problem with the timing.

Here's a link to the photo on Flickr, if you want more exif info. Also, you can see the other shots from that morning:

IMGP3760 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by DennisH; 10-15-2009 at 09:50 AM.
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #1013
Veteran Member

Wow - great luck on the timing with a 2 sec. timer.
10-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #1014
Veteran Member

Thanks for the kind words. Wow.

Camera is a K200D, lens is a DA 40mm Ltd., tripod mounted, f11, 1/125 sec., no filter.

It was shot as a JPEG, Av mode, 2-second timer, Bright mode with +1 sharpness and +2 saturation (those might be reversed; I don't remember my settings at the moment).

Time of day was around 6:45 a.m. in Queensbury, New York, and the image is untouched, straight out of the camera.

There was a balloon festival that day, so I was there to take some shots of that, but the fog made it impossible. Also, I couldn't get anywhere near where the balloons were launching, so I stayed back; this is from a golf course several miles away.

I was taking several sunrise photos from the spot, and had just taken one when the birds flew into my field of vision; I knew they would fly in front of the sun, so I quickly set up for another and this is the result. It was rather lucky (as I suppose many shots are), as the 2-second timer could have been a problem with the timing.

Here's a link to the photo on Flickr, if you want more exif info. Also, you can see the other shots from that morning:

IMGP3760 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thank you. All your images show the tremendous light and ambiance that was present that morning. But, this PPG submission has it all...it looks perfect to me. It's got the gorgeous sun, a pond, the dew, the misty fog. A house, the birds and the nice foreground. The color is so muted and perfect as well. The framing is superb. It's got it all.......
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #1015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can anyone speak to how long the reveiw process takes? I've been sitting here in limbo for a couple of weeks...

Many thanks!

C. Durfor
10-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #1016
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cdurfor Quote
Can anyone speak to how long the reveiw process takes? I've been sitting here in limbo for a couple of weeks...

Many thanks!

C. Durfor
It's good to be on limbo, it means you passed by the other voters and are probably waiting a final yes or no from Pentax juris.
10-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #1017
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cdurfor Quote

Many thanks!

C. Durfor
FWIW, i have gotten approvals and denials in as quick as 2 days and also had a couple that ran for 6 weeks before being either accepted or declined. it just depends, i guess.
good luck!
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #1018
Veteran Member

Well, I've submitted 4 and got 2 in yesterday:

1.Struthiomimus display at the Museum of Ancient Life, Thanksgiving Point, Lehi, Utah.

2. Inspiration Point, Bryce Canyon NP, Utah.

Last edited by scatron; 10-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.
10-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1019
Veteran Member

Seems a PPG batch as started ...

Congrats Scott Really like Struthiomimus.
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #1020
axl
Veteran Member

Romance on the Nile

Well, after 4 declined pictures, another one from my Egypt series has got accepted today!

tally is up to 14 and there are still some hopefulls

edit: another 2 rejects. But still 8 hopefulls

BR
Peter