Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Transportation through NYC
Posted By: AKiss20, 12-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Hey all, took my camera into the city today as the fam and I saw Cirque du Soleil. Here are the three shots I PP. All shot with the K10D + DA18-55.

As always, C&C highly welcomed and encouraged!

Cheers!
Views: 1,436
12-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love the middle one especially. It's got that sense of motion and street. Very nouvelle vague.
12-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #3

that middle shot is indeed interesting. The man seems to have a motion blur but the buildings/street came out pretty well. It provides a neat effect. The NJTrainsit train is good as well. Even though I tend to spend enought time sleeping on the NJ Trainsit as it the few times I go to the city for work every month.

The last picture could use some improvement. Shot looks a little ackward. To much black/dead space from being in the backseat. Also, the suntint on the top of the windshield adds another black boarder, that takes away from the tunnel shot. I think this may have worked out better had you probably not had someone sitting next to you and could have taken it from the center of the back seat and possibly leaned forward a bit to capture more of hte center consol (could have gotten some more neat glows from the console) and more tunnel as the current black boarder of the person/sun tint.
12-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments! I agree Chris that the suntint at the top takes away, but I actually like the black space. You don't actually sit in the middle of the car and I wanted to give a more realistic perspective. But thank you very much for the constructive criticism. My friends don't know that much about photo so I typically just get "wow that is cool" or "I like it" or "eh not so much" but no real feedback.

I didnt really have anything in mind when I snapped the tunnel one, next time I will conceptualize a bit more prior to pressing the shutter.

Thanks again!

12-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice work. I like your compositions alot, the second one is a really good street shot. The first one is ok, id say the composition saves it but im not reading into it as much. The third shot is not too bad either. I like the formation of the lines on the drivers side but again these type of shots are a plentiful are some are really good so perhaps coming up with an angle or a twist to convention might help put your own signature to it.
12-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

hmm, pretty kool shots mate.. im a big fan of street photography and i like these.. number one stands out for me..