Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Monarch
Lens: Sigma 120-400 Camera: K7 Photo Location: Toowoomba ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: lamented bovine, 01-11-2012, 03:14 AM

Got some advice from forum member in critiques on original photo, so I did a complete re edit. Played wth layers ect in PS.
I have probaly over did photo again however personaly I kind of like it in a weird bent way.
Cheers
Macca

Attached Images

Views: 847
01-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that is what I cal a-heli-bokeh!
01-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

oh this is wonderful!! I love the perspective and colours are outstanding!! This is the opposite of boring and a wonderfully creative photo of a beautiful creature.
01-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Quote
Now that is what I cal a-heli-bokeh!
Thanks Bruce. ummmm heli-butter-keh?

01-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
oh this is wonderful!! I love the perspective and colours are outstanding!! This is the opposite of boring and a wonderfully creative photo of a beautiful creature.
Gee thanks Tess.
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Macca, this is a bold and defined photo, different from the traditional shot.
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Macca, this is a bold and defined photo, different from the traditional shot.
Thanks Bob, I am kind of thinking I may overdone the photo a bit in post process.

Macca

01-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have to weigh in one more time. I think what we are trying to say is that it is your special vision of this butterfly that makes your image wonderfully different than the run of the mill monarch. You can find a million monarch photos, crisp, clear, detailed renditions and every one looks like it was taken by the same person. Whereas yours has "personality" and character. I don't think it is overdone because it is not gaudy, not at all.

anyway, it is hard to follow the vision inside your head because people are always trying to fit you into a box (hmmmmm.... maybe I am projecting)

I'd love to see more of your work.
01-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I have to weigh in one more time. I think what we are trying to say is that it is your special vision of this butterfly that makes your image wonderfully different than the run of the mill monarch. You can find a million monarch photos, crisp, clear, detailed renditions and every one looks like it was taken by the same person. Whereas yours has "personality" and character. I don't think it is overdone because it is not gaudy, not at all.

anyway, it is hard to follow the vision inside your head because people are always trying to fit you into a box (hmmmmm.... maybe I am projecting)

I'd love to see more of your work.
Thanks Tess. Your are right on about photos looking the same. I dont take lots of pics on a day out and when I do press the button the first thing that come to my mind " how many other people have shot this and how many angles".
I am post a photo later today after I have finished photo shopping it, a photo that may or may not give everyone a chuckle.
Cheers
Macca
01-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Plus 1 in relation to comments from Tess. What does it for me is not the processing, it is the composition! What a fantastic clash/smash/viewpoint of nature and machine.
01-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Quote
Plus 1 in relation to comments from Tess. What does it for me is not the processing, it is the composition! What a fantastic clash/smash/viewpoint of nature and machine.
Thanks Bruce. Me is thinking, I am taking for granted that everyone relizes that photo is a composition of two seperate photos taken on the same day? Maybe I should have clarified this earlier. I think I did in statment photo is over done.
Cheers
Macca
01-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lamented bovine Quote
Thanks Bruce. Me is thinking, I am taking for granted that everyone relizes that photo is a composition of two seperate photos taken on the same day? Maybe I should have clarified this earlier. I think I did in statment photo is over done.
Cheers
Macca
Just foot note. I missed the first shot. I recreated what I saw at the time, did not Ansel Adams do this?

Macca