Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
This Is No Bull!
Camera: Fuji x10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: Rupert, 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM

I stop here often and snap a few of the Longhorns. They are all pretty much used to me and hardly pay any attention. Today, just seconds after I snapped this one, I slipped on the wet slope near the fence and almost went down, mostly since I was thinking more of my x10 than of me.
When I stood back up this one was backing up, lowering his head and raising both front hooves off the ground...ready to charge. I'm pretty sure hes is still laughing with his buddies and commenting "Did you see how fast that old guy could move!"
I knew, if he wanted me, that fence was nothing more than a piece of string to him.

Regards! Be careful out there....there is a lot of bull in this world....but not this story! And...this is no Bull...it is a Steer!

[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 855
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice Bull Rupert, eh I meant Steer... , glad that you didn't suffer any harm. I happens very quickly when you go down, I had a bad fall a few years back, took a few weeks to heal and a bunch of money for camera repair and replacement.
01-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I stop here often and snap a few of the Longhorns. They are all pretty much used to me and hardly pay any attention. Today, just seconds after I snapped this one, I slipped on the wet slope near the fence and almost went down, mostly since I was thinking more of my x10 than of me.
When I stood back up this one was backing up, lowering his head and raising both front hooves off the ground...ready to charge. I'm pretty sure hes is still laughing with his buddies and commenting "Did you see how fast that old guy could move!"
I knew, if he wanted me, that fence was nothing more than a piece of string to him.

Regards! Be careful out there....there is a lot of bull in this world....but not this story! And...this is no Bull...it is a Steer!

[/url] [/IMG]
Good shot Rupert. We now no what a long horn looks like.
Cheers
Macca
PS: No relation either .
01-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Taking pics should have a clause that includes hazard pay.--charliezap

01-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
For those not familiar with Longhorns, here is one of my favorites....a Family Portrait I took down in South Texas a couple of years back. They are magnificent creatures, generally calm and mild tempered, and prefer to stay in thick brush over open grasslands.

Regards!
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what a horny bugger.... your fuji (and you of course) take some fine shots... dave m
01-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Well done, Rupert. Hook 'em Horns!!

01-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Rupert, which one of these characters has the "horns of a dilemma? " Nice shots - I continue to be impressed with your new camera.

Jer