Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Usual Suspects
Lens: Hanimex 28 2.8 Camera: K7 Photo Location: Home ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: lamented bovine, 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Something for a chuckle. Pity the only lens avalible to use was this hanimex ( its not a great lens) however it did the job.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Macca

Attached Images

Views: 993
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great photo!!

If they were all from one brand it would look like advertising copy. "Photographers capture using the usual suspects" or something like that.

You don't really need all those lenses though. Three are enough for anyone. Now I on the other hand NEED some lenses but don't have enough.
01-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Great photo!!

If they were all from one brand it would look like advertising copy. "Photographers capture using the usual suspects" or something like that.

You don't really need all those lenses though. Three are enough for anyone. Now I on the other hand NEED some lenses but don't have enough.
Thanks Michael.
Does one require this many lenses, havent you heard I, I am multi skilled, I can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time without getting gravel rash on my knuckles .

Seriously though which ones do you think I should hand over .

Again Thank you
Cheers
Shane
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will tell you Shane, I would keep everyone of them. I thought the saying was "Eight is Enough" and counting.

01-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lamented bovine Quote
Seriously though which ones do you think I should hand over .
I like that big one in the middle.

I know they say that it's not the size of your equipment but how you use it that counts but I've never believed in that saying.
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I will tell you Shane, I would keep everyone of them. I thought the saying was "Eight is Enough" and counting.
Eight is never enough Bob
Shane
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like that big one in the middle.

I know they say that it's not the size of your equipment but how you use it that counts but I've never believed in that saying.
How you use it! I heard (from a reliable source) thats a rumor .

Shane

01-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

How you use it! I heard (from a reliable source) thats a rumor .

Shane
I don't know what you're referring to, Shane. I was referring to photography of course.

Seriously, that is a nice collection of glass. I'll have to keep a look out for something in the 28-70 f2.8 range. That would be my next lens. I did have one with my Nikon system but traded all that and my K20 to get my new K-5. I now need some decent lenses aside from my 50mm.
01-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't know what you're referring to, Shane. I was referring to photography of course.
Hi Michael.
Of course my reference was to uhmmm, thats right photography .
I like the 28-70 2.8, the only issue I have found is that I tend to be at the extremes of the focal lengths, I either at 28 or 70. Does this mean one should get primes?
Cheers
Shane
01-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Hi Michael.
Of course my reference was to uhmmm, thats right photography .
I like the 28-70 2.8, the only issue I have found is that I tend to be at the extremes of the focal lengths, I either at 28 or 70. Does this mean one should get primes?
Cheers
Shane
Trouble with primes is that you're always carrying several and switching lenses.

I like the reach of my 28-300 Tamron but it's not a fantastic lens and I wish it were a 2.8.

Do you often need wider than 28? I find I hardly ever need that for my type of photography. I prefer a longer reach for my lenses.

I guess what the world needs (me at least) is a nice 18-300 2.8 lens that is sharp everywhere and not too heavy or expensive.

And then I look at some of these advanced point & shoots with their massive zoom lenses, no depth of field but everything looks sharp.
01-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Trouble with primes is that you're always carrying several and switching lenses.
Yup, thats is why I went for a zoom in that range, less weight. I think, what am I going to shoot today, choose two lenses and head off. I think I have all the bases covered for my style, the choices are, 8mm, 14mm, 24mm, 50mm, 90mm, 135mm (not in photo), 19-35mm (not in photo), 28-70mm, 120-400mm.
Worst mistake, sold 70-200 for 120-400 (not really a mistake) 70-200 is next on agenda, still on the fence as to tamron or sigma.
Shane
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

So there is not one range that you prefer to shoot in. All are viable and you just have to make sure you've got the right lens for the trip out.

Interesting.

I like having my 18-55 DA WR with me just in case of damp or dusty weather, I wish more were so protected.

Perhaps I need to invest in a few faster primes. I'd still like a 28-70 or 18-60 or 70 or whatever 2.8 though.

Oh well, always something to look forward to purchasing next time. I can see how LBA can creep up on you.
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Perhaps I need to invest in a few faster primes. I'd still like a 28-70 or 18-60 or 70 or whatever 2.8 though.

Oh well, always something to look forward to purchasing next time. I can see how LBA can creep up on you.
LBA is a curse. I like my 28-70 2.8, I chose the DF version. I dont trust HSM type lenses, more parts to fail. Also it works very well on MZ-S

Shane