Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Impromptu Portrait
Camera: Fuji x10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F2.4 
Posted By: Rupert, 01-13-2012, 10:13 PM

This old guy (younger than me!) is the owner of the Convenience Store where I eat lunch every day, and have for years. His wife has been gone for two months visiting relatives in Germany where their son is a Doctor. I have been giving him a hard time, because she is an excellent cook...and he isn't. Today I finally got a decent meal, and this quick snap, which I will give to them.

I shot these with the 2 in one no flash/flash setting...it takes two shots at one snap, one with flash one without...you can then choose which one you prefer. I like that, sometimes it comes in handy!

Flash 1/90 F2.5 ISO 400

No flash 1/58 F2.5 ISO 250

They are from India......in case you are wondering.......nice people, but very lost in the Texas culture! I've tried to help them out...now they think we all eat Possums and Raccoons, and are mind controlled by a Devil Squirrel.....I do what I can!

Regards!
Views: 760
01-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Rupert, that is a nice feature on your camera, something I could use for my family indoor shots. That is nice you have helped them out, but a smile would be nice....or the devil squirrel may make a visit.
01-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think they are smiling! Just a subdued 18th century type smile! Nice portrait Rupert. Your camera did a fine job. I don't see a lot of difference between the two except the skin tone in the first is richer. thanks for sharing!
01-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert, that is a very good "real life" portrait. Thanks fpr sharing!

01-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Bob....These Indians are not smilers! They may have a little smile but as soon as you point the camera at them they drop it....something in their culture makes them want to project a more serious look...I've gone through this with them before......It's fine with me, after all, they have to put up with my ridiculousness every day, so I can understand.

Tess..Thank you! For a quick impromptu snap, it turned out OK. She was about to make me a sandwich and I told her to get by here husband and "act like you like him"....I guess she did!

Volley...Thank you.....and it was a real life quickie portrait!

Since there was an ugly background, and the little x10 does not do bokeh well, I did a manipulation.....not the best, but it shows that with a studio backdrop, the x10 could shoot portraits fairly well.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Just having fun...I'm always trying to have fun with my cameras.....beats drinking, smoking and gambling!

Regards!

One other thing......I'd like to see this in a nice BW or Sepia, but am not too good at those...and don't really have the right software either. If anyone would care to do one, feel free and post the results right here, I'd appreciate it!