Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
snowy walk with the point and shoot
Camera: Optio W80 Photo Location: the woods 
Posted By: tessfully, 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM

Not the most interesting series, but I think I forget about the potential and enjoy the challenges of this little point and shoot camera so thought I'd share a few. So much snow was falling I didn't want to take my good camera on my snowshoe with the dogs. It was dark and blustery and these are the images I came home with.

The snowshoe in...

I became fascinated by the little things sticky up out of the fresh snowfall

much later, on our way home

Last edited by tessfully; 01-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Views: 977
01-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice Tess, some of those shots would qualify as abstracts just by the starkness of the subjects and the surrounding area, #4 & #6 stand out for me...TFS Cliff
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Cliff, I am glad you like these. That number 4 is my favourite ... I keep asking myself why, so I am happy to hear you liked it as well.
01-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That W80 really holds up well under those conditions, very nice series and I do like 3 and 4. Your pups are sure hearty, you can see they are ready to go at any moment. I think I caught a cold viewing these photos.

01-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for having a look Bob. It is always nice to hear your thoughts. Today was minus 24 C with a wind chill. Too cold for even the dogs, but wow, was it sunny. cheers!
01-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thank you for having a look Bob. It is always nice to hear your thoughts. Today was minus 24 C with a wind chill. Too cold for even the dogs, but wow, was it sunny. cheers!
Tess, if you would use fahrenheit instead of celsius, it would only be about minus 11f. Hope that is some help
01-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

nice series tess, I agree 3 & 4 are special, that colour & shape against the plain white, nicely done! ... gee I'm looking at the thermometer next to my computer here and its the same, 24' C .... oh that's right yours has a - sign, ... really I just can't comprehend anything that cold.

cheers.

01-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fun series, tess. I often use my little Panasonic LX5 for just this sort of thing; sometimes dragging around an SLR can dull an overall experience. What a difference from our neck of the woods - we're supposed to hit 75F tomorrow.

Jer
01-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a very nice series Tess, only one thing wrong with it, I wasn't there.
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Oog
Forum Member

Nice series - looks very cold!
01-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

very nice series. your obsession with stuff sticking out the snow is a wonderful one as it produces super shots
01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Tess, you have a great eye for composition! Beautiful series! Tom
01-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Tess, if you would use fahrenheit instead of celsius, it would only be about minus 11f. Hope that is some help
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
nice series tess, I agree 3 & 4 are special, that colour & shape against the plain white, nicely done! ... gee I'm looking at the thermometer next to my computer here and its the same, 24' C .... oh that's right yours has a - sign, ... really I just can't comprehend anything that cold.

cheers.

Thank you Cee Cee. I think that is what it is, the plain white background and simple shapes that I like.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Fun series, tess. I often use my little Panasonic LX5 for just this sort of thing; sometimes dragging around an SLR can dull an overall experience. What a difference from our neck of the woods - we're supposed to hit 75F tomorrow.

Jer

Thanks for having a look Jer! Glad you enjoyed!!

Bob, Cee Cee and Jer, this morning it was minus 34 when I got up! Still not as cold as it can be, but when I opened the front door it screamed with cold... as if I was taking an axe to it or something! It did warm up later in the day to about minus 16.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
That is a very nice series Tess, only one thing wrong with it, I wasn't there.

Heinrich, thank you for having a look. It is great to hear that you like winter! I was starting to feel lonely!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Oog Quote
Nice series - looks very cold!

Thank you so much for the comment Oog. Really appreciate that you took time to look!

QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
very nice series. your obsession with stuff sticking out the snow is a wonderful one as it produces super shots

ahh... thanks Scott... your snow images are always fantastic. Glad you liked mine!

QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Tess, you have a great eye for composition! Beautiful series! Tom

I always appreciate reading your comments tpg2! I think the composition 3 and 4 make the shot, not so much the camera or the kind of day I was having... so I am really happy to hear your thoughts!!

01-15-2012, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #14
Forum Member

Can't say much more than anyone else!!

Nice Shots.

Terry
01-16-2012, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like all of the close up leaf shots. I don't know what your "point and shoot" camera is but is in the hands of an expert.