Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Donegal Summer Solstice Morning
Lens: Takumar 50mm 1.4 Camera: KX Photo Location: Donegal Ireland ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 2s 
Posted By: captainbert, 01-15-2012, 02:20 PM

I took this last summer at the morning of the solstice from an ancient fort looking over the county of Donegal in the North West of Ireland. I hope ye's dont mind an odd summer photo in the midst of winter shots here. I cant remember the aperture setting and its obviously not on the EXIF using a manual lens. Any thoughts most welcome.

Views: 1,410
01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Captain, summer shots are always welcome this time of year, as a matter of fact, anytime of the year! I have a friend on Flickr from your beautiful island and he's always posting beautiful photos of your country...nice shot, love the land/seascape in the early hours of the morning! Hope one day I can visit!
Nice one Captain!
01-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks a lot tgp2 my friend thats nice of you my friend. I appreciate your warm words indeed! I think i'll add some of my other summer ones now. Very warm regards, Garbhán.
01-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garbhan, great capture with very nice pastel colors against the silhouette of the mountains. You took this at the perfect time, capturing the sky reflection on the water. This is a keeper my friend, great job...

01-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Garbhan, great capture with very nice pastel colors against the silhouette of the mountains. You took this at the perfect time, capturing the sky reflection on the water. This is a keeper my friend, great job...
Thank you very much indeed Bob my friend! That's very nice to hear indeed good sir. Warm regards, Garbhán,
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

very nice shot, you've certainly captured that early morning feel, good job! ... looks like lovely countryside.

cheers.
01-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Always wondered what it looked like when it wasn't pouring rain.

01-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shot! The reflections of light are wonderful and the tiny lights of the homes convince you it could be candlelight from 200 years ago.

Now I'm curious to see more of the ancient fort from where the shot was taken. That has to be quite interesting as well! Thanks for sharing the lovely shot.
01-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

beautiful. a nice bit of warmth here in the depths of winter. the warmth radiates off this shot
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much Ceecee!

Ha ha Mike L indeed i think Ireland would fair well with a retractable roof that we could open for the 72 hours it doesn't rain each year Thank you sir!

yucatanPentax thank you very much indeed alas i have nothing that would do the fort any remote sense of justice as yet to be honest. I believe it is roughly 4000 years old give or take a few days . It's a magical wee spot for sure.

Scottnorwo thanks very much for the kind words indeed!

Very much appreciate all the kind words!

Very warm regards,

Garbhán.
01-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
Veteran Member

A lovely shot indeed it seems to pull you in the further you look into it and don't worry it's summer Down Under we can handle it.
01-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow - this is a landscape shot that's truly captivating . . . . almost mesmerizing. A great photo, for sure.

Jer
01-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha ha forgot in my ignorance that its summer for many folk Westoz. Cheers for the nice words indeed!

Thanks a million Jer for the mighty feedback my friend! Much obliged indeed!

Warmest of regards, Garbhán.
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
alas i have nothing that would do the fort any remote sense of justice as yet to be honest. I believe it is roughly 4000 years old give or take a few days . It's a magical wee spot for sure.

Very warm regards,

Garbhán.
Excellent! So, when the sun is shining, will you be taking a shot or two of it then? Even a stone or two can tell a story and as your sun rise photo shows, you are a fine story-teller. I'll be looking forward to the day when you can share something of the magical fort with us.

The oldest inhabited place I believe I have visited is Dzibilchaltun, but that only goes back about 2000-3000 years as far as they know so far. I'd like to see what "the competition" has been up to 1000 years before!
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful clarity and colors!
« Boxing | High Flyer »