Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Declawed Cat
Posted By: Mike Cash, 12-29-2007, 04:13 AM

After a few weeks of enjoying some more "modern" lenses (K-mounts), I was visited by the spirit of Don Ho, who told me to "go back to my little glass Taks", so I emptied the K-mounts out of my bag and cheerfully loaded up with Takumars again.

Yesterday I got stuck at Yamashita Wharf in Yokohama, a place I almost never go to, over the lunch break so I stuck a couple of lenses in my pocket and went wandering around. Among the many businesses located on the wharf is a broker specializing in exporting used construction equipment. Some of it is still in fairly good condition and is destined for a new life of continued activity in some country where they can't afford new equipment very easily. Some of is so decrepit that it is obviously destined to end up as scrap metal at some country where the cost of breaking down the equipment is sufficiently lower than doing it in Japan that the transportation costs are justified.

A couple of old Caterpillar bulldozers were sitting there minus their blades, inspiring the title which in turn inspired the photo.

S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5

Views: 1,314
12-29-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey thats a cool shot. Looks like something out of the first Terminator movie lol.
12-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it- rust never sleeps, that reminds me- I found a truck you might be interested in- just needs some fixin'
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think with your truck and my bulldozer we can go into business. Just have to get a government contract and hire a half-dozen or so guys to stand around and lean on shovels.....

12-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey I got a head start already- I work for a municipal gov't (small city) , but I've been overworked of late (savin some O.T. money in case I can't live w/o the new body )