Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The journey continues.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 12-29-2007, 02:05 PM

.........but this is still Ontario (it's a rather large Province). The images are from the Cheltenham Badlands, my next posting will be from Niagara Falls and after that we will move on to New England.

If anyone is interested there are a few more here: Cheltenham Badlands Photo Gallery by Heinrich Lohmann at pbase.com

Heinrich
Views: 1,513
12-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those badlands are sure a lot prettier than the badlands in the east of my area in southern California. There are actually small trees and plants growing in the Cheltenham Badlands. They provide a beautiful color splash to all that ore in the ground color. Nice work Heinrich. I look forward to enjoying more images from your travels.
12-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great photos Heinrich. You've really captured the contours and colours. How do these badlands compare with those east of Calgary?

Paul
12-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you LaRee for the kind comments, it is appreciated.

Take care, Heinrich

12-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #5

Cool photos!!!
12-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Great photos Heinrich. You've really captured the contours and colours. How do these badlands compare with those east of Calgary?

Paul
Thanks Paul, the Cheltenham Badlands are rather small, really small compared to the Alberta Badlands. I don't have a lot of images from the Alberta Badlands on line but here are a few from just around the Royal Tyrrell Museum:
Drumheller and the Royal Tyrrell Museum, Alberta Photo Gallery by Heinrich Lohmann at pbase.com

Take care, Heinrich
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Formula Quote
Cool photos!!!
Thank you,

Heinrich

12-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Heinrich, forgive me for the question. Are these shots froma trip and now posting or on a trip and posting? So many forums so many people I forget easily. Anyway, curious about your New England trip if now or then. I am in New England, Western Mass. that is why I ask.

Look forward to the Falls shots.
12-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Very colorful Heinrich nice framing as well. What is the white stuff on the rocks is that salt ?
12-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Heinrich, forgive me for the question. Are these shots froma trip and now posting or on a trip and posting? So many forums so many people I forget easily. Anyway, curious about your New England trip if now or then. I am in New England, Western Mass. that is why I ask.

Look forward to the Falls shots.
Hi Pat, we went on a nine week road trip last fall (late August to late October) and as part of the trip we drove from Montreal P.Q. down to Vermont, through New Hampshire and Maine back into Canada at St. Stephens in New Brunswick. I only had two days for that part of the trip which was way too short to even attempt to do it justice. Oh well, there is always next time.

Take care, Heinrich
12-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very colorful Heinrich nice framing as well. What is the white stuff on the rocks is that salt ?
Thank you Dave, I don't know whether it's salt or some other mineral. To tell the truth I had never given it a thought.

Take care, Heinrich