Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 pictures from todays hike
Posted By: little laker, 12-29-2007, 09:04 PM

The weather was nice today, so I grabbed out the snowshoes again and went for another hike, to one of my usual places.

Views: 1,384
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice days work.

Nice pics Stu..

I really like the picture of the stump... It really is an interesting picture, almost mezmerizing...

I love all your bridge pictures... I reminds me that I need to go visit my bridge and see what it looks like this winter..

Thanks for sharin.. looks like you had fun!!

Kim
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Stu, I think I recognize that bridge. Great pictures and I hope your enjoying all that snow you have there.

jim
12-30-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It must be so cold taking the hike.

Beautiful as it is. You really get to have the port folio of the lake of 4 seasons

12-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Stu, I like the shots but something seems off with the Processing in 1 & 3. Not sure what but they seem off to me. Sorry for my vagueness (not sure if that is spelled right or even a word ) but 3 in particular seems heavily cropped or over sharpened or something. Maybe just me. Is there anything you notice or did different with them?
12-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Stu, I especially like #2. Have you tried a B&W conversion of the stump? I think that it would work really well, especially if you dropped the contrast a bit.

NaCl(just my $.02 and worth all of that)H2O
12-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Well done Stu - I agree wit Pat anout #1 and #3 in particular looks quite grainy that might be by design not sure. I love #2 and I think you could count the snow crystals in #4 - an afternoon well spent !

12-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Snow shoes, they are something I can't wait to try Stu - after a snowmobile anyhow! Nice set. 3 does seem a little out for some reason. Kept getting drawn back to 2 - you feel you could almost reach out and touch the snow.

Paul
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Paul,
With a little luck I'll own a ski-doo when you make it here.
If I do you'll be more than welcome to try it.
They can be affordable in the spring
Plus you can borrow my snow shoes some time.
I won't let you buy a pair until you try them first. You might not like it, or might prefer x-country skies.

Thanks Everyone,

I went thought them again, and #1 is just a grainy picture. The only thing that I can think of is I had just taken the camera out of my camera bag, so my lens may have had some condensation on it
Even though I had left the car at least 1/2 an hour earlier.
Did I mention that 2 bottles of water in your camera bag will keep your spare batteries nice and warm
Apparently it'll keep your camera warm as well.

And I hate to admit that I under exposed #3. And that was about the best that I could get
That was shooting in RAW, so lets not suddenly say that I should be shooting more in RAW.
I'll try a B&W conversion with it sometime tonight.