Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I want to look artistic ...
Posted By: roentarre, 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM

"I want to look more ... sophisticated" That was what Clair asked me to do.

"Confuscious said, physical apperance is a reflection of one's inner state" That was what I was thinking in my headd. "You can only be sophitisticated by enriching yourself" I guess I will be risking my life saying that.

Clair giggled through out the whole day non stop, really an jovial lady. I guess need to be more happy myself.

Do you think these shots are something I could present to her?

Thanks

Fa 43

Fa 77

Fa 43

Fa 77

Fa 43

Fa 77

Thanks for looking
Views: 3,097
12-29-2007, 11:53 PM   #2

The landscape b+W is a great image.

Matt
12-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
1, 5, 7 and 8 are all outstanding. She may not find a couple of the others too flattering and sophisticated, but they are bloody good photos nevertheless.
12-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

#2 and #5 are my favorites. Thommo is right; they all have merit. I have found that it is impossible to take a photo of a female without her doing at least some carping about it, so be prepared for her to nitpick and don't take it personally.

12-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
The landscape b+W is a great image.

Matt
Thanks Matt. Clair prefers more moody for that shot ...

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
1, 5, 7 and 8 are all outstanding. She may not find a couple of the others too flattering and sophisticated, but they are bloody good photos nevertheless.
It was really hard to get an angle. Usually with women of larger size, it is better to shoot from above.

My dilemma is that I could not get a whole body shot without making the shot having an impact. Kind of difficult as she preferred to stand in a certain posture: tucking out the tommy a little bit too much ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
#2 and #5 are my favorites. Thommo is right; they all have merit. I have found that it is impossible to take a photo of a female without her doing at least some carping about it, so be prepared for her to nitpick and don't take it personally.
I had gone through a few nightmares and I think it is easier to take shots for guys - at least there is less hassels.

I had a lady who looked like a thin stick and asked me to make her face thinner. There were numerous conversations about why she looked fatter because she had been eating too much etc. Seriously the face was really of fusiform shape; a nice pleasant looking not appearing fat at all. This is really puzzling for me!
12-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Igilligan

What a range...

What a range of moods and looks you captured in one shoot. A very interesting model.

5 and 2 are wonderful... my faves for sure, but 1 - 6 and 8 also work for me. Even the others capture very different moods.

You did very well on this day IMHO

-gus-
12-30-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

As far as portraits go, #1 and #5 are fantastic!! I don't care too much for the rest because of her expressions or pose, but the framing & lighting in each is great. Love it.

12-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
What a range of moods and looks you captured in one shoot. A very interesting model.

5 and 2 are wonderful... my faves for sure, but 1 - 6 and 8 also work for me. Even the others capture very different moods.

You did very well on this day IMHO

-gus-
Thank you Gus. She was giggling for 98% of the time. Maybe I wonder she wanted to see herself laughing all the time in the shots

QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
As far as portraits go, #1 and #5 are fantastic!! I don't care too much for the rest because of her expressions or pose, but the framing & lighting in each is great. Love it.
Thanks Mark.

It is probably more stuffed up lighting. The fuse went off with diffuse light box and I got a dent on my wall in the room from the steel lights as well (thanks for Benjikan to teach me some wisdom)
12-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I like #'s 1,2,5 & 7. They have nice tone and balance. Something about #6 is off - I think it is the skin texture. It looks a bit over processed - whether it is or not, I am not sure. The skin just looks waxy.
12-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

#1 ,#2 I really like #4 I like the way her eye color pops , #5 and #6 are good as well. For me #2 and #5 are my favorites well done.
12-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you both for the feedback. I presented the shots to the lady today and I had been given a long list to "modify" the images.

I guess the overall impression is the typical plasticky look that is desired by a lot of females out there. I would go for that route for her.

01-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

#2 is the winner for me. Love it!!!
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #13

The second pic seems to best fulfil her request to me.
01-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are some really great shots and the more I look at them the more I like them, something about her....
The only thing I don't like is the skin tone in numbers 3 and 4. I love the bg in 3 btw but if you had captured the skin tone of number 6 in number 3 it would be awesome imho. I really like number 7 and number 8.
These photos show some great range in your portrait photography, nicely done.
01-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I vote for #5, as well. But I'm also drawn to the introspective look of the last one.

Jer