Flower
Lens: Sigma 28mm f2.8 mini wide Camera: Pentax K-x 
Posted By: aruk5, 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM

Views: 623
01-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot, focus is a little on the soft side but the Bokeh and colour are really good.
01-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice shot, focus is a little on the soft side but the Bokeh and colour are really good.
Its a pain getting sharp focus when using manual lens. I even set my k-x in debug mode to ensure all focus points work under manual lens and even set the focus point to the corner one to click this pic. Even under bright conditions the corner points work slow and under artificial light or low light its even slower. Anyway i got a focus confirmation and then clicked the pic. But when i viewed it in my computer I noticed it was slightly soft meaning focus was not sharp.

Its only under live view I am able to lock into sharp focus while using a manual lens but its still a hassle using it under many conditions such as in bright conditions or akward angles.
01-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Okay, try this, set your camera to Tav which will allow you to set both the aperture and shutter speed to what you want and the camera will decide the ISO. Set your aperture to F11 and shutter speed to between 320 to 400 /per second. This should help with getting sharp focus and freezing the shot to maintain that sharp focus.

Mine is set to that pretty much of the time with my shots. Here's an example, these Bees were moving but at 400/sec their movement was frozen.

Last edited by eaglem; 01-31-2012 at 04:18 AM.
01-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great colors looks great even soft.

QuoteQuote:
Okay, try this, set your camera to Tav which will allow you to set both the aperture and shutter speed to what you want and the camera will decide the ISO. Set your aperture to F11 and shutter speed to between 320 to 400 /per second. This should help with getting sharp focus and freezing the shot to maintain that sharp focus.

Mine is set to that pretty much of the time with my shots. Here's an example, these Bees were moving but at 400/sec their movement was frozen.
Thanks for the tutorial mate will try that with my manual focus Takumar 135 / 2.5 with the extension tubes.
« Macro | Night Lite »