Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Out for a Drive: Bringing Back Open Tops and Goggles
Posted By: Mike Cash, 12-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Members of Japan's Ground Self Defense Force stationed at a base in Nerima Ward (northern metro Tokyo) depart their base en route to exercises elsewhere.

The middle soldier on the right is a female. The middle soldier on the left is untangling his iPod cords. The near soldier on the left is one step ahead of him and is inserting his earphones already. The far soldier on the left is enjoying a comic book.

S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8

Views: 1,527
12-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot Mike, but just one question. How can you tell the middle soldier on the right is a female? I mean, I've got good MORF radar, but I can't tell from just the back of the helmet.

NaCl(pink highlights on the cammo maybe?)H2O
12-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
From this photo I can't tell she's female. I noticed that little fact at another point while following them.
12-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have to admit it Mike, the title made me look and of course the middle soldier on the right is female everyone can see that. LOL, BTW I do like the photo.

Take care, Heinrich

12-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That is a very nice PP work.

I tried your method today and they did come out naturally, more rooms to change the toning. Really pleasure and fun. Again, thanks for sharing that.

I used a method where I involve multiple adjustment layers mixed with filters in smart object function in PS3. It did not turn out as great as your method
12-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks goes to the person I cadged it from. I never would have thought of it on my own.
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

eerrr..Mike ....or is it James? What are we doing driving around photographing military movements....?

01-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's Mike.

Japan has yet to get the US-style heebie-jeebies over people photographing pretty much anything they want to. In fact, you should see what their base instituted as an anti-terror measure a year or so after the 9/11 attacks. Little welded angle-iron barricades with rubber tips so no one scratches themselves, mounted on casters so they're easy to get out of the way. They're only about two feet tall and look like they could easily be lifted by one man. Stop a car? Won't even slow one down. These folks are the kings of meaningless and poorly-implemented going-through-the-motions measures. I could take you down to the ports and show you the "security" measures they implemented and you'd laugh yourself into a hernia.
01-01-2008, 02:06 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
It's Mike.

Japan has yet to get the US-style heebie-jeebies over people photographing pretty much anything they want to. In fact, you should see what their base instituted as an anti-terror measure a year or so after the 9/11 attacks. Little welded angle-iron barricades with rubber tips so no one scratches themselves, mounted on casters so they're easy to get out of the way. They're only about two feet tall and look like they could easily be lifted by one man. Stop a car? Won't even slow one down. These folks are the kings of meaningless and poorly-implemented going-through-the-motions measures. I could take you down to the ports and show you the "security" measures they implemented and you'd laugh yourself into a hernia.
that is NOT funny Mike...I have just got over a hernia op!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...aw stop it!! it hurts.
01-01-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
axl
Veteran Member

Great shot. What else can be said...