Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Crocodile Daacon - 10 Shots
Posted By: daacon, 02-04-2012, 05:17 AM

The second best treat on this safari was seeing the crocodiles. Our captain "Hawk Eye" was unbelievalbe in spotting the prehistoric beasts. The first few shots are one he saw from the moving boat and then turned around and got close so the rest of us could see it. I think our guide mentioned Costa Rica has the third largest crocodile population in the world. Some can get to be 25 - 30 feet long we never saw anything that big - and I am ok with that cause I did not want to have to say Chief Brody's famous line of 'I think we need a bigger boat"

Hawy Eye spotted this guy way before any of us ..

Look carefully this was probably the biggest one we saw , how the heck does he spot this ! No one saw this at all until he pointed it out.

Now the next series we get relativley up close and personal ..... man these guys are prehistoric !

You may wonder how we got the crocodile to come to us ? Did we dangle the weakest Tourist in the water ? Well here's the secret a bucket full of chicken feet and a stick, he likes it , he really really likes it. The first crock we saw had no interest in chicken feet , but this guy was a little more hungry it appears. Allowed for some close up shots for sure. You may think it is cheating but hey no one was harmed (well perhaps the chicken) and I am ok with that

Here's the last shot of one basking in the Sun had no interest in us and as we got closer , he just went under water and disapperated.

Probably hoping for some Tourist to go for a swim

And that ends the adventure of Crocodile Daacon - but we have a few more from this boat ride yet
Views: 1,464
02-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
What I meant was I would stay in the car while you were out shooting the Croc's and then you could show me them on your camera when you get back! JIMBO
Ahhhhhhhhhh told ya I was slow haha naaaaaaaaw you would have come , Tripod , Lee Filters and all - I would dangled some other Gringo's fee in the water so you could get the definitive shot