Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tabacon Hot Springs
Lens: DA* 50-135 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Arenal, Costa Rica 
Posted By: daacon, 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM

One of the top 10 sites to see while in Costa Rica is the Arenal Volcano and the Tabacon Hot Springs. I have been to a few hot springs in Canada no comparison. Hard to express the beauty of this place. It is more or less all natural hot springs created by the nearby volcano. Water was just right. We only spent one night , two days here could spend a week for sure.

#1 Steaming, refreshing volcanic heated water

#2 Cascading water falls - you can go up there , but as I mentioned most of this is natural so lots of sharp rocks to navigate through and a rocky bottom

#3 - Of course it is a resort so the essential man made structures of swim up bar and pool are mandatory - we did partake of course

#4 One of our group Alois (pronounced Lewis) from Germany - meet him at the place we stayed , he was a great guy traveling by himslef and he came with us on a few trips. (burst mode here)

#5 - nice little serenity pool

#6 - lots of stairways leading to secluded spots to meditate or perhaps another isolated pool of water to relax in

#7 - And most of our motley traveling crew (save the photographer - but hey who wants to see me ?) - relatives , new found friends included - was a great couple of days.

Last edited by daacon; 02-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Views: 3,128
02-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow Dave - Those first couple really have that rainforest "feel" to them.
I can almost sense the humidity!

Tim
02-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Very nice Dave.I can't wait to get to Fl for my vacation at the end of this month.--charliezap
02-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Saw some of these on the CameraEnthusiast site and liked them then and still like them. You threw in a couple of extras which I enjoyed. Keep them coming please as I like to live vicariously through someone else.

02-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave, love the feel of the first two, I had to wipe my brow off due to the humidity, but what a wonderful place to visit. Swim up bar and rock group Motley Crew now that is the way to travel and party.
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

looks soooo good, ah well back to work for me! thanks for sharing

cheers
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Den
Veteran Member

Oh man, great photos of a great place.

02-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow - impacted enjoyment in paradise - Dave, you sure brought back some terrific memories of what looks to have been a bunch of fun.

Jer
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Wow Dave - Those first couple really have that rainforest "feel" to them.
I can almost sense the humidity!
Tim
You got that right - humnidity was oif the charts here.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice Dave.I can't wait to get to Fl for my vacation at the end of this month.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie - I am sure it will be a blast - do the Red Sox have Spring Training there ? Enjoy it !

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Saw some of these on the CameraEnthusiast site and liked them then and still like them. You threw in a couple of extras which I enjoyed. Keep them coming please as I like to live vicariously through someone else.
Yep and the same people comment give or take Thanks for the comments I also update the 'sister' forum with some non Pentax shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, love the feel of the first two, I had to wipe my brow off due to the humidity, but what a wonderful place to visit. Swim up bar and rock group Motley Crew now that is the way to travel and party.
Thanks Bob humidity was high and the band was rocking
02-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
looks soooo good, ah well back to work for me! thanks for sharing
cheers
Thanks CC me too my friend me too ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Oh man, great photos of a great place.
Thanks Den appreciate the comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - impacted enjoyment in paradise - Dave, you sure brought back some terrific memories of what looks to have been a bunch of fun.
Jer
Thanks Jer - it's for my senior moments - But yes the only day we had "less fun" was the day we left ......
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
Veteran Member

What an incredible place! The falls shots are especially wonderful. Thanks for sharing with those of us who'll never get to see it in person.
02-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
What an incredible place! The falls shots are especially wonderful. Thanks for sharing with those of us who'll never get to see it in person.
Thanks Lori - never say never
02-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Davey, looks one one beautiful location to totally relax. I could spends days hear shooting. Cheers bud. JIM
02-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Davey, looks one one beautiful location to totally relax. I could spends days hear shooting. Cheers bud. JIM
Jim I agree weeks are more like it - I would love to spend a couple of weeks in the area - so much to see , but as a very popular 'tourist' resort would not stay there - but there are other more resonable places to stay in La Fortuna and such. And for all the beauty in Costa Rica I have only been on the outskirts of one of there numerous national parks. I realy think next time we will try and arrange a longer stay so we can travel around more - getting more comfortable with the driving and such there (at least daytime driving - nighttime driving is still an 'expereince' avoiding people, bikes, dogs, cats, cows, lizaeds, horses, stopped cars on blind corners , all with narrow winding roads with no shoulders....)
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #15

Looks like a place to loose yourself for a couple of months , nice shots TFS