Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Dabbling with Drab
Posted By: Sailor, 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM

This afternoon, I spent some time photographing in a nearby federal wildlife refuge under a dreary, leaden sky. Originally, I'd planned to concentrate on shots for B&W conversion, but the drab surroundings contained so little color I decided eliminate the conversions and concentrate on the gloom in half-living color. I'm still experimenting with Aperture 3 - both with workflow and tool manipulation. In these shots, I tried a different approach and I think I goosed the contrast and/or sharpness too much. All but the first shot center on large dead vines - a fitting group of subjects given the zombie-like day. Because the Fish and Wildlife folks don't want visitors to leave the trail, I used my DA 55-300.

Jer

Views: 1,284
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Now that looks great! It gives a certain mood to it! Tom
Hey thanks, Tom and thanks for the tip.

Jer

02-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images Jer, I'm with Rupert, 2 and 4 I like best and I also really like the desaturated one.
02-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice images Jer, I'm with Rupert, 2 and 4 I like best and I also really like the desaturated one.
Thanks much, Heinrich. I appreciate the nice words.

Jer
02-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photographing trees is one of my faves and i find these really interesting Jer. I think they work nicely in color and i know how hard it can be at times to get suitable images for black and white conversion. I did like the desaturated image though and it really changes the story of the image around nicely. Very nice stuff my friend! Hope all is well, Garbhán.

02-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
Photographing trees is one of my faves and i find these really interesting Jer. I think they work nicely in color and i know how hard it can be at times to get suitable images for black and white conversion. I did like the desaturated image though and it really changes the story of the image around nicely. Very nice stuff my friend! Hope all is well, Garbhán.
Hey, buddy - thanks for the very kind words.

Jer