Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Vanished....
Lens: Nokton 58mm F 1.4 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: Rupert, 02-10-2012, 10:17 AM

I was wondering about Members that have been here, often, and then just disappear. It's common on most Forums I do believe, they come and go...some are frequent then just disappear...vanish into thin air. Ever wonder where they are, what they are doing, why we no longer see them?

This guy worked for me for four years, a sort of "transient type" and a little mentally impaired by a hard life and poor education, but a good worker. Then one Friday, he just vanished...not a word from or about him. We live in some strange times, at least they seem strange to me.

When I disappear, it is never a mystery...I've been banned...again! Damn Squirrels, they are always getting me in trouble......but you can bet they never disappear, they're here every day "ready to eat"!

Regards!

Old Tony....where are you Tony?
[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 738
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shot Rupert - I persoanlly have Forum Sabaticals (self imposed ha!) - not really sure why but to date I have always come back. As for friends and co-workers I have a few with a somewhat similar drop off the face of the earth stories - one guy I have known since highschool is infamous for that his last 'walkabout' was about 18 months then he phones me one day last summer for golf , like we talked weekly.
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, very nice portrait, I only hope the devil squirrel didn't have anything to do with this. Keep your eyes open.
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

What an expressive face you have managed to capture Rupert. The graininess really adds to it. Well done.

02-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I think Rupert that we all know someone that for one reason or another is not part of our life anymore.--charliezap
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My friend, that is one fine portrait - everything about it excites me - the composition, B&W conversion, photo texture and facial expression. Regarding people that simply disappear - seems that happened a lot to girls I new back in the day - one date and the were long gone .

Jer
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #7

Good Capture there Rupert well done TFS

02-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks guys/Susan.....I am still mystified by those that simply vanish from time to time, but it does seem to happen fairly often.

Jer, in the case of the "missing" you referred to , I doubt there is much mystery there ......most of us guys have seen the "disappearing girl" fairly often in our younger days. If I waited for the girls to return from getting popcorn at the theater, I'd still be in one of those fold up seats and going grayer by the hour......I always wondered if it was the loud laughing at the love scenes or throwing those sticky Halloway bars at the guy 10 seats in front of us to see if I could stick it on the back of his head that drove the girls away? Silly girls...just didn't know how to have fun, did they!

Regards!
02-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great story and image! I saw this image a few days ago and I keep coming back to it. Thanks for sharing both.