Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jan 1st Gallivant (5 Imgs)
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM

After getting up and about on New Years day, the BF and I went gallivanting around the farm land around where I live. We didn't see much that was "picture worthy" except the following....

This is an old squaredance hall... I guess when talking with friends there was an actual square dance there just a week ago!! it doesn't look very big but it sure did ask for its pic to be taken.. :LOL

We went over by a nearby dam and found some "icy" shots...

Then we found this big drainage pipe (for flood overflow) and took this pic from the inside out...

Just a few to share.... Hope you enjoy them!!

Kim
Views: 2,187
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Kim,
The drainpipe shot looks cool... in more ways than one! I like it.
01-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Dosy Do

I like the hall Kim - I might have painted it a redder red Man I bet you can see that building for miles. The ice shots are neat and I like the drain pipe as well. An afternoon well spent.
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the shot of the lake. Whatever lens you used controled the flare well with the sun in the shot. Nice exposure there. The Silverleaf is cool. You'd think it was in rural Canada given the Maple leaf and the red and white paint.

You BF must be thinking, she's taking this photo thing too seriously after watching you crawl inside that drainage pipe. Neat shot. With this one you used Center weighted metering and I think the camera tried to get some of the pipe exposed correctly which over-exposed some parts of the scene. I might suggest using spot mode and getting a reading from the snow or bushes in the foreground.

01-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
m8o
Veteran Member

Those are a knock out of the park Kim. I like them in the order you posted as a matter of fact. Great balance of the colors on the square dance club.
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments...

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Hi Kim, The drainpipe shot looks cool... in more ways than one! I like it.
It was a pretty cool day.. The pipe was actually almost big enough for me (5' 10" to stand in).. so once I saw my boyfriend go in ... I had to follow!! LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I like the hall Kim - I might have painted it a redder red Man I bet you can see that building for miles. The ice shots are neat and I like the drain pipe as well. An afternoon well spent.
It did stand out from among the fields... I was the first pics of the day... It was a very good day at that... Fresh air... good company.. my camera... and beautiful landscape... on second that make that a GREAT Day!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I like the shot of the lake. Whatever lens you used controled the flare well with the sun in the shot. Nice exposure there.
I was using my kit lens.. (pentax 18-55) for the lake pic..

You BF must be thinking, she's taking this photo thing too seriously after watching you crawl inside that drainage pipe. Neat shot. With this one you used Center weighted metering and I think the camera tried to get some of the pipe exposed correctly which over-exposed some parts of the scene. I might suggest using spot mode and getting a reading from the snow or bushes in the foreground.
Actually, He seems to enjoy driving around looking at the territory.. and.. it was he who went into the pipe first!!!! Thanks for the tip on the pipe pick.. I will have to go back and try it again..

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Those are a knock out of the park Kim. I like them in the order you posted as a matter of fact. Great balance of the colors on the square dance club.
Thanks!!!!
01-04-2008, 04:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

They are very nice series.

01-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Additional pic

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
They are very nice series.
Thank you Roentarre. I am glad you enjoyed them!!!

With this one you used Center weighted metering and I think the camera tried to get some of the pipe exposed correctly which over-exposed some parts of the scene. I might suggest using spot mode and getting a reading from the snow or bushes in the foreground.
Peter your comment made me think abit about the picture so I went back through because I did do another pic of the Pipe and it definatley showed the inside of the pipe more.. This shot is actually a pano shot.. a Vertical pano (I wanted to play with the autostitch program).. LOL So that was really the only reason I took this.. It is 6 pictures.. 2 columns of 3. I have not done any PP (well I resized it so I could post it)..on this pic only the stitching...

I was a bit closer to the outside of the Pipe plus my handsome model with the "what are you doing??" look.... (my bf hehehe) is hiding the sun.... What do you think??

01-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Awww, that pic right above is super cute after you've let us in on that last statement. Wonderful series and you've been really enjoying the camera a lot I see. It's always great to see members bursting with great pictures!
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Kim, Not a bad stitching job. As for th picture(s) compared to the first one, these are much better. The colour looks very good. If you look at the bush in the lower right, It's golden in the second shot and washed out white in the first. It looks much more natural.

Neat shot and I agree with Chris, It's great to see the enthusiasm that you put into your shooting. That's what it's all about.
01-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!!

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Awww, that pic right above is super cute after you've let us in on that last statement. Wonderful series and you've been really enjoying the camera a lot I see. It's always great to see members bursting with great pictures!
Thanks so much!! I have been enjoying my camera... There is so much to learn about that camera and how it works.... But they say.. practice makes perfect!! LOL Thanks again Chris!

Kim, Not a bad stitching job. As for th picture(s) compared to the first one, these are much better. The colour looks very good. If you look at the bush in the lower right, It's golden in the second shot and washed out white in the first. It looks much more natural.
What made me really look at it was the fact that more of the pipe was showing on this pic than on the first. and now that you mention it the bushes in background are more realistically colored...

Neat shot and I agree with Chris, It's great to see the enthusiasm that you put into your shooting. That's what it's all about.
Thanks Peter.. Picture taking has turned into my "therapy".. lol I have always enjoyed taking pictures but now with the digital it opens up so many more possibilities. I even got up early this morning saw there was some new snow in the valley and got my butt up and went "picturing".. LOL.. it was GREAT!!!!