Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Juneau
Posted By: slowpez, 02-13-2012, 07:44 AM

This was the worst weather day of all the bad weather days but, still, wouldn't have missed the trip to the town and to Mendenhall Glacier.
Juneau is a lot like San Francisco in that everything is uphill. Very touristy but charming none-the-less.

This is our last stop in Alaska so get ready for the trip home. We will go via the Cassair Highway then Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff and Waterton on the way to the good old USA.
Views: 702
02-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's genuinely interesting to follow your trip through your pictures, Susan. The color of the second shot, challenging the gloom, is very nice; and, in the third shot the icebergs(?) remind me of ships at anchor. Thanks much for taking us along with you on your adventures.

Jer
02-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love they way you were still able to pull the blue out in that 4th shot - despite the fact that it looks like you were pretty heavily coulded over Susan.
Now that you're heading for home (photograph-wise) - How long did you stay up there, and how long did it take to go from the lower right to the upper left of the U.S.? You drove all the way - right?

Tim
02-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the glacier blue, what a site to see. Looks like a charming city, hope it was easier to get around than SF. Thanks for the continuing tour, I guess Alaska must of had a very late summer, or none at all.

02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That trip was one for the books because it was pouring down rain. It was one of those rains that even got under umbrellas. Thank heavens the camera was weather resistant (the lens wasn't but didn't seem to come to any harm.)
Tim, to answer your question: We left home on May 5th arriving in Denali for the fourth of July. We spent two months in the state then just kind of wondered our way back home. We arrived home earlier this month but our trip was cut short because the water heater in our RV blew up at 5 AM one morning. Thank heavens we were close to home as I can do without electricity but I do like my hot water. All is fixed now and I'm ready to head out again but Ray has decided we need to repaint the entire house. Ugh.
Again, thanks for looking guys. I appreciate it.
02-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Very enlightening trip series Susan.Where are you going next?--charliezap
02-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful colors in your ice pictures Susan!

02-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Charlie and Remco.
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

What a great dcumentry of getting there Susan - those glaciers are stunning. Looking forward to your shots of my part of the world on the way home.
02-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dave. Wish I could have done justice to the whole trip but the weather really had me stumped as far as photography went but luckily didn't ruin the trip for us.