Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

The arrival!
Posted By: SouthShoreRob, 01-03-2008, 10:43 AM

I've been patiently waiting and waiting - until today. See for yourself why...oh and great timing too, as tonight I'll get to try it out down at the arena!

Last edited by SouthShoreRob; 02-09-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Views: 4,416
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice for a test run. Resolution and sharpness all there and more...the fight scene looks pretty cool too. Its like Jeet-Kun-Do on ice without the kicks. Cant wait to see more from your new investment.

01-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
WOW I to am a little .....heck a lot jealous. Nice new toy. Couple of questions for you. Where did you get it? They let you bring it in the arena? I assume these is not a pro team or you would have had trouble getting it in the door. Nice test shots and look forward to seeing more.
After much research, I basically found out that only Matsuiyastore on eBay has any of these available, let alone for sale. I hmmed and hawwed about the whole idea, but in the end, lost my common sense and went for it, lol.

These are the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League. Technically, I am not allowed to bring the camera in - as the league "controls" its product - but nothing is either posted or written on the ticket stub, so I just bring it in and shoot away.
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #18
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Once again but bigger this time - CONGRATS.

That lense looks like it kicks arse - way to go.

Think you might want to rent it out at some point. If insured it might pay for itself faster than you think.

EDIT: Make sure you list it separately on the insurance policy.
Thanks!

Funny you should mention the insurance thing b/c I had just called earlier in the afternoon to ask that very question. Seems like I need to pile up all my receipts and have a little itemized list handy just in case.

Rob
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations!

You will never regret getting this lens.

01-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #20
Inactive Account

WOW!!!!, Rob, what you have right now is the BEAUTY and the BEAST. Very nice intro shots and, who says K10 can't do sports,you proved them wrong.

Cheers,

Rene

Last edited by Rener; 01-04-2008 at 06:29 PM.