Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A couple with the K100D, finally
Posted By: foxglove, 12-25-2006, 12:52 PM

I got the K100 a couple of weeks ago, and have only just had a chance to play with it a little. Easy transition from the DL, I thought the grip would bother me but it's fine, although that may be because I'm wearing gloves or mitts now.

Yesterday we relocated yet another of our little friends. These guys get into the bird feeders and compost, and have attacked a couple of our cats, running up big vet bills. We got a live trap so we can move them into the woods. It's not far away, but we're pretty sure we're not getting return customers! This was a younger one, and he looked so sad in the cage:

I posted in the dslr discussion forum about how impressed I was how SR worked for this one.

I also used SR to get this exploding universe in the backyard pond:

And here's the definition of pointless frustration: photographing a black cat against the sun. But I tried anyway.

Comments and critique welcome.

Julie
Views: 1,837
12-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Great photos!

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
I also used SR to get this exploding universe in the backyard pond:

And here's the definition of pointless frustration: photographing a black cat against the sun. But I tried anyway.

Comments and critique welcome.

Julie

The universe of pond is a very artistic photograph. It is the overall impression that really caught my attention. Not only the approach is creative, it is also mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing that image!

The backlit photo of the cat with positioning the cat on the left gave the glimpse of feeling that the cat was caught in the shot unknowingly. A great thing to have cat captured in photo like that. The lighting paints a good mood and cat was slowly walking away looking around.

Very nice shots, Julie.

And Merry Christmas!
12-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is an amazing shot of the 'exploding universe'. Good eye and good cature. I understand the difficulty of shooting dark against intense backlight. Well done there too.

No love lost between me and racoons. The consistantly butchered my ducks then when they were all gone ravaged my chickens, bloody carcasses everywhere. They are fine in their habitat, woods, ponds, fields, but when they cross paths with me on my turf their life becomes difficult. I will live trap them but a racoon can travel a long ways to get back to its territory so I take them for a much longer ride and try to leave a large body of water between me and where they are left.
12-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Julie. Love the "exploding universe" shot. Nicely spotted and well done! Really nice shot.

NaCl(thanks for sharing)H2O

12-26-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Hi Julie,
I too like the Exploding Universe shot. great shot and great composition. You really do use that new K100D very well. And yes I like all the shots you posted.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
12-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I also liked the "universe" shot. Very creative.

I loved that Racoons innocent little face, looking out from behind those bars. Hard to believe they can be such destructive little critters. I agree with Clarence. Take them a long, long distance or they'll be back a week later.

Thanks for sharing, Dan
12-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Merry Christmas Julie!

These are excellent! The racoon does look quite forlorn.

The 'exploding universe' shot is awesome. You should have saved it for a "what is it"! That one would have had everyone stumped for days. HA!

I really like the cat photo as well. I'm glad you tried!

12-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like them all.

When I lived in Raccoon territory I had a dog that used to track them down and leave them on our front step 1/2 dead. It really didn't take the Raccoons long to realize this and steer clear of our place.
Although I don't know where you'd find a dog like Mutmay, she was the exception to every rule.
12-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

The universe shot is very interesting. I have come back to it a few times now. Nice work with your new toy.
12-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for your kind comments. I'm glad everyone likes the exploding universe too, I thought maybe it was just me being nerdy again.

Julie